1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep it or sell it?

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Aug 13, 2019.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

2014 I bought a Toyhauler that did not come w/ a built in genny. So, I bought a Yamaha 6300 inverter. I liked this option better because of the design of the toy hauler and the ability to use it to power a good part of the house during power outages/hurricane season. This weekend we got a new 5th wheel that does have the nice Onan set up. I'm a little torn on whether I should still hold on to the Yamaha for household purposes. I guess it would be just as easy to run a cord to the camper for things like the fridge, fan, or small A/C. Or just move everything in to the camper and live there. I'm probably overthinking this, but I hate selling shit and then needing it, especially Yamaha shit.:D

BigBird likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're not paying taxes on it, it's not depreciating (with any real speed), and you do have a potential use for it. I don't see why you even wasted the time to make a post.

3. omatter34

:moon::D

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Be sure to drain the fuel and properly winterize it, before you shove it back under the bench.

5. omatter34

Winterize:crackup:
    I live in Florida

track wagon and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

By that, I meant change the oil, fog the cylinder, etc.

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. omatter34

Well, now that I can do:beer:

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Keep it, put it away properly, drain the gas and be ready for your next hurricane.

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Keep it, chicks dig dudes with extra gen sets.

t11ravis and Phl218 like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yamaha...keeper.

BigBird, omatter34 and YamahaRick like this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Send it to me and I will hold on to it until you need it....:beer:

track wagon likes this.
  12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Extra money does you no good when katrina hits and shuts everything down.

13. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I had a Honda 3000 for 6 years and sold it for within $200 what I paid for it. I'd keep it. Those built in Onan's are pretty loud. After trying to sleep with it going all ngiht you may start to miss the old Yamaha

CRA_Fizzer and beechkingd like this.
  14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I sleep better when Genny is sitting on the ground and not in the camper with me.
    You may want to hotlap it a few nights first before cutting the external one loose.

15. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I always ran the Onan during the day and the inverter gen at night due to the noise.

t11ravis likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'll give you tree fiddy for it

TLR67 likes this.
  17. omatter34

So far this Onan seems very quiet even in the bedroom above it. Do they tend to get louder over time?

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the bigger onan that comes with larger toyhaulers/campers are nice. way different than the one that would have been installed with your old hfs27xlr hyperlite. the lil' 4000wt unit runs at high rpm. the 5000+ units just rumble along nicely..
    tough call on the yamaha gen. run some non-E gas through it for sure. don't let it sit with regular ethanol blended gas.. even running it till it quits running. there would be some fuel in there that will get nasty in short order.

omatter34 likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Onan is OK as far as quiet goes...Drink 3 martinis before bed-e-bye and nothing short of a 50 megaton explosion will bother you! :eek:

omatter34 likes this.
  20. omatter34

Have never used anything but non-e in it. Thankfully there are a few stations around me that have always had it.

MELK-MAN likes this.