1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to say thanks...

Discussion in 'General' started by twinrider71, Dec 15, 2006.

1. twinrider71

twinrider71 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Wera and the people that I've met over the last couple of years.

I've been riding street bikes since 89' and after I got some seat time in, I started riding in the hills of north Ga and met several fast riders.

After many years of watching riders going down, some even dying I started hanging out at WERA races and met so really cool people. I started doing track days a couple of years ago and got hooked like I was on crack..

Then got boned by a car in Boone, N.C in Sept. 04, and broke my Femur , tibula, fibula and ankle and many knee problems. The hospital sent me home with a DVT "blood clot" and staff infection I ended back in the hospital for another 13 days. That was two years ago this september.

Anyway it kept me off a bike for about 4 months. Started riding my new bike in the neighborhood and then with-in a year I was back to the track. I signed up for Wera last year thinking it would be o.k to race, but then after family, freinds and Docs' advise didn't race but did some schools and many track days not pushing myself to hard. I just got off the blood thinners a few weeks ago and I'm jumping in with both feet.

I've done a couple of schools since my accident like Kieth Code's and
    Ed Bargy which I like the most, do to the instructors...Jeff,Todd and Ed. Thanks for your time and great teaching abilities.

Thanks again to all those people that have guided me in the right direction. I also would like to thank Brad and Rod at MSP cycles for the good work on my bike and their help.:up:

I look foward to getting "schooled" this coming year :up:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  2. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

good luck:up: