1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just going to leave this one here....

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Nov 30, 2015.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Why does this remind of the opening scenes from Buckaroo Banzai?

2. caferace

caferace No.

That would be an understatement.

-jim

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Who is the guy? Why so much hate?

Rob860 likes this.
  4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

What guy? Say his name so we know who you are talking about :)

[​IMG]

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm going to say yes, since JRP posted it on his Facebook page.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Is he wearing an American flag? Or is that his shirt?

I thought he was running for president.

The trailer makes him seem sorta normal. Fwiw, I only know of him through here.

7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

"My Dad is crazy."

8. I want to hate on it, I mean I REALLY do. But how many people are out there that would have NO knowledge of our sport if it wasn't for him?

He is an entertainer and a character, and every sport needs that...especially sports that are really struggling for exposure to the general public.

No, he wasn't the fastest. But he qualified for many AMA SBK races, which is something few can say.

He put a lot of time and money into the sport and I hate to be the one to point out that he has put down laps faster than 99% of the people on this board.

9. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

where's the "I'm with Stupid" icon :D

10. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm with ^

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

And we have lift off... I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the all the "yea buts." Fwiw he is a strange fucker though.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't know, six?

I don't think JRP has been good or bad for the sport necessarily. He's too insignificant to make an impact. He's just another privateer who rides pretty well and has more money than most of his contemporaries.

I won't pick on him as a rider, but as a person he's a wacko and a megalomaniac.

He's done some ridiculous things, but this is over the top. I can't imagine a more egocentric douche move than to spend your own money to make a movie about yourself. I can't even wrap my head around it.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So the movie sucks because you think the guy is a douche and has more money than he knows what to do with?

I'm curious as to what your opinion would be if he started sponsoring young fast riders?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, for me JRP can choose to spend his money anyway he wants. I don't think he has much of an impact one way or the other inside or outside of the sport. The dude has always been a decent guy in the paddock. And yes he has a crazy eye. LOL.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah? Not in my interactions with him. :p

Does he bring some attention to the sport? I guess. But is it always the kind of attention that the sport wants or needs?

16. How does that saying go, there is no such thing as bad publicity?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The f@ck there isn't.

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't know if the movie sucks or not, but I don't think the market is demanding it. I'm not mad at him for being wealthy, you're missing the point. Who's idea do you suppose it was to make the "movie".

Don't worry, he won't.

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I think that's Jbrauns point. Instead of doing that (or something like that) he spends the money on a movie about himself. It does seem strange, but "whateva".

He's showing himself as a "privateer", underdog implied.....but I wonder how much money he literally spends compared to other privateers?....and sponsored teams? I'm just kinda wondering if the $ he spends on his efforts is inline with other privateers......or if he's spending "Factory" money, to be a privateer backmarker.

Yeah, he is out there on the grid, that is something for sure.

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

This.

And this.