1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jose??? any update

Discussion in 'General' started by Parkerson, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

That is GREAT news!!! Keep your chin up Jose!!! We're all still praying and pulling for you! :up: :D

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:D :D great news

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Great News!!!

4. James A

James A Active Member

GREAT NEWS!! I cant wait untill we can visit again!! Hopefully very soon? Thanks Christina, and Alex and everybody thats keeping us up to date. Still praying for you buddy.

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I was in tears reading that, thanks for the updates!

6. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

Ur welcome :up:

7. ChainReactionR1

ChainReactionR1 Well-Known Member

Great news man, glad to here everything is getting better for him.

8. Dunham

Dunham Well-Known Member

Great to hear he is doing much better. He has come a long way in a short amount of time.

9. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

Thank you for this heartening news. Just couldn't find (never can) words adequate to express my sadness or console family and friends. But your words - and his excellent progress sure do me. Was at Tally this weekend and there was a hole everywhere I looked. I was always - sometimes acutely - aware of Jose's absence in the pits.

Hope to see you there again someday soon Jose.

10. gdalton777

gdalton777 Member

That is great news! We check the postings 4 or 5 times a day and we were thrilled to read that Jose is improving. We can't wait to be able to visit him. Thanks so much for the updates and please let the family know that we're still praying for Jose and that we think about Jose and his family everyday. Gary and Melanie

11. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

I'm so glad to hear that he is coming around. It sure brings back memories, his progress is almost exactly what we went thru with James back in June of
    '04. Wonderful News! He will be back!

12. Alexdouble-R

I just wanted to let everyone know that within the next few days Jose is very likely to be transferred to Atlanta's Shepherd Center to continue his recovery and rehabilitation process.

Visitation will still be limited to family members only initially, and will then slowly become more frequent, and open to friends and other parties.

Thank you all for your prayers!

13. Hard Corps

Hard Corps Well-Known Member

Alex, let me know ASAP when they let non-family in and I'll be there!

14. gsxr bunnie

gsxr bunnie Member

Any word on if Jose has been moved or not?

15. Alexdouble-R

Yes, he is here in Atlanta :D

16. Alexdouble-R

Will do :up:

17. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

me too, me too, me too, me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Alexdouble-R

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok :crackup:

19. Alexdouble-R

NEW update from Christina.

8/25/07

Today was Jose's first full day at the Sheppard Center in Atlanta. He was early and in a wheelchair at 9:30am until 1:30pm, and wheeled around the facility so he could see things. He had to be strapped into it to make sure he wouldn't get out, but he continuously un-strapped the restraints, which earned him the strap that had to be unlocked with a key that only the nurse had. J He had breakfast and lunch, but I wasn't there so I can't really tell you that much about it, but I was there for dinner. Jose has become much more talkative since he arrived. Everyone left except Armando (Jose's brother) and me when it was time for Jose to go to dinner. With the help of the nurse we got him into the wheelchair again and went to the gym/cafeteria to eat dinner and socialize with other patients. We were the second patient in there and waited around while other patients showed up for dinner. When the food arrived I found Jose's name and got his tray. Tonight he was having a cheeseburger, french-fries, grapes, sweet tea and an Ensure. Jose first went for the ketchup and opened one packet putting it on the cheeseburger bun he just opened, then another packet. I asked the nurse if we could have many more packets because he loves tons of ketchup. She went and got us more. After he put the ketchup on the cheeseburger he used one of the french-fries to spread it over the bun, then placed 4 or 5 inside the cheeseburger and closed it up. The nurses looked confused but I simply explained that this is what he does at home and they laughed. He took a big bite out of the cheeseburger then threw it on the tray again. I cut it in half to help him hold it better and so he would take smaller bites. Jose ate everything on his plate and drank everything they gave him, including 4-5 more glasses of peach juice. His appetite is coming back, but he kept telling us the food isn't good. Oh well, I am going to pick him up some snacks tomorrow. After dinner we told Jose some jokes and recalled the past, he was all smiles. It's great to finally see the sparkle in his eye again! I will post more tomorrow after I spend the day with him again.

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Thanks Alex. Keep 'em coming. I think of Jose every day even though I never met the guy.