1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

:crackup::crackup:That would be classic.

What’s funny is that a friend lives down the street and he’s been on the Nextdoor app as “possible thief ,strange man walking down the road with fishing rods at 4am” because he just walks down to load his stuff. I might be able to talk him in to doing it while I video. Lol

2. BHP41

I heard Thrift got an invite but BD or MLF said he couldn’t smoke on camera so he said no thanks. :crackup:I like the all because I like fishing. The BPT needed to happen so BASS would get their sh!t straight. You could see at the Classic that a lot of guys are going to miss not being able to fish the Classic next year. Lots of emotion.
    Dude! That was crazy. Those live wells had to look like sardine cans.

3. I watch it all, makes me feel less inferior when the top pros catch 4 fish in a day.

4. My new neighbors probably think I’m a meth head as I’ll hit the pond at midnight one night, 3a another, day later noon, they don’t realize I’m usually up for work.

5. BHP41

I hear that. Sunday I had a 7lb limit in the first hour. Then didn't catch anything or even get a bite for the next 4. Ended up with 11 by 3 and 15 by 6 but after 3-3:30 it really doesn't matter. My friends dad bought a jon boat in Jan and finished it a few weeks ago with a front deck, 9" graphs, new Merc 9.9 4S. Going to enter some Thursday nighters at Robbison and Cunningham. Clemson is hosting one out of Broyles on the 20th w/ a $1000 1st for 20 boats. $100 entry fee. You should enter. safe light to 3.

6. Think I’ll be around that weekend.

7. Damn jimmy Houston has the tan of an old washed up stripper.

Attached Files:

8. Grand lake FLW started about 2 hours ago.

BHP41 likes this.
  9. 400kg

400kg Active Member

I can't wait for it to get warmer in Michigan. Stoked to get out there and fish. No boat, but fishing is fishing!

BHP41 likes this.
  10. BHP41

:crackup:

He kills me with that hair.

11. It’s not the hair it’s that crazy tan.

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Picked up my first dedicated jerkbait / topwater rod, a 6’9” Daiwa Tatula Elite in ML/ Mod fast. Gonna be weird having such a light casting setup but should be good fun. I finesse fish a lot on light spinning gear so I’m thinking I’ll like this.

Can’t wait for gamefish to open back up. Boat is ready to go, there’s open water everywhere, and I can’t do shit until May 4th.

13. Damn. I use a 7’ mh -mod ducket micro guide for my main jerk rod. Or a 6’, yes 6’ heavy x fast when I want small twitches and smaller movements.

14. Scotty87

I know. I was like ‘This ain’t gonna work’ but I read a bunch of articles on lighter gear for jerks. Maybe I’ll hate it, who knows.

Good to hear on the 6’ H XF. I bought one on clearance at TW and when I got it all I could think was ‘what the fuck am I gonna use this for?’

15. Yanked this one out of the pond/ lake by my house. I’ve upsized all my hooks as I was catching too many 1#ers Took just under 10 min to get it landed. It b lined straight into about a 25’ diameter very thick patch of hydrillia. I had 30# braid with a 10# flouro leader so was being a bit careful as I saw it jump and knew it was a good one. I was going using a wacky hook I made from a 3/0 offset hook. Basically weedless without a guard. I somewhat tried to heat treat it to make sure it wasn’t brittle but I wasn’t too sure. I know. Cool story bro :).

Attached Files:

Funkm05 likes this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nice fish. I landed this today ... kind of. Need winter to actually quit so I can take delivery. E1582400-87A3-47AE-844A-3BB179A80848.jpeg

BHP41 likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Another black hole. :D

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But prettier. :D

That’s why I went new on this one ... warranty. :crackup:

rd49 likes this.
  19. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I hooked and lost three muskies yesterday evening. First two felt like I was snagged, so I really didn't get proper hooksets and they shook the hooks. I started swinging for the fences every time I felt anything after that. I got the third to the net, but the two hooks that weren't in the fish got caught on the net. It made a last second lunge and unhooked itself because the lure was stuck in the net. Quite the day of epic failure! Gained some valuable experience though.

20. Scotty87

I’ve only gotten out once since the ice left. It’s been just terrible luck. When it’s been good conditions, life has gotten in the way. Then when I can go, everything turns to shit weather wise. I did manage one day out on Lake Michigan trolling for Browns. Did okay, managed to get a few in the boat. Nothing special, but it sure was fun to fish open water again.

If this fucking weather will act right a buddy and I are planning to go stick some crappies tomorrow. Been hearing good things about a spot we like.

Funkm05 likes this.