1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So we have all the safety stuff. I'm gonna pick up some more lights and I think I would like a batt volt display somewhere, so I know if I'm getting low or if the battery is having any issues. I also think it may be a good idea to add a 2nd battery. I already need to get one for it, and I may just end up getting 2 cause why not it cant hurt right.

What fishing accessories cant you guys live with out? I know besides poles and tackle, I need side cuts, and pliers. But what other items am I not thinking of?

2. assjuice cyrus

I understood none of this.:crackup:

I cant tell you the last I went fishing. Slow it down a bit and back it to beginner language. Knots like a shoe knot without the bunny ears?:confused:

Zman zinkers, Diesel Minnows? I have never seen minnows in Diesel and I work with diesel trucks every day.:D

Ill be finishing in Ohio, its been warm here but I don't know the lake water temp.

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

brother-in-law and I are looking to split something like this. Neither of us will use it enough (separately or together) to justify the purchase on our own, but I live close to a couple of small lakes, and wouldn't mind drowning some worms now and then.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, I won't give you any gear advice because it's been a while since I messed with that stuff but I do know this...

We used to fish Patoka Lake in Indiana quite a bit and I think it's probably close to the same kind of lake you'll be fishing. We always got on the water
    and fished right as the sun came up and then finished around 10ish. Head back in for lunch and a nap, and then go back out say after 5...because nothing was biting between 10am and 5pm in the summer. And fish in what we called the stick-up areas....places with lots of dead trees. And overcast days were usually better than bright sunny days.

I'm sure you'll gets tons of other advice but this was always our plan and it worked there.

And for a kid starting out...I would give him a worm and a bobber. As basic as it gets.

For you, try a Texas Rig. Great for walking your lure over tree stumps etc. I've caught a lot of fish with this rig.

[​IMG]image sharing

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

\

big floppy hat, and a vest to hold all your stuff, so you don't need to bring a tackle box in the boat.

6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Dont forget some toilet paper in dry storage, alot of people forget that little item. Mud butts will hit you when you least expect it on the boat

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Jump overboard, swim backwards......

8. assjuice cyrus

Big hat will be a must for my bald head..

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You’re in Ohio?? Learn about the ned rig and the various iterations of it. Between that and basic spinner baits, you’ll do fine. Maybe some tubes, as well. In WI myself. Love my Midwest bass fishing.

BHP41 likes this.
  10. assjuice cyrus

Yea. In Ohio. The lake I will be fishing at is less then 2 miles from Mid-Ohio sports car course.

Ill look into the ned rig.

rk97 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

And/or maybe solar battery charger?
    Zebco 202, bobber and some worms. :D

12. assjuice cyrus

Didnt think about a solar battery charger. Good idea.

Funkm05 likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

Batteries for the boat. Just any deep cycle marine battery?

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Especially if your name is assjuice :D

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

For your purposes, yes. Some people swear by interstate or optima or “x” ... I’ve used Duracell deep cycle marine in my boats forever and have never had an issue. $100-ish a piece and last me for years without issue. Just keep them charged up well and you’re golden.

BHP41 likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

X2 on the Ned rig. I’d stick with the small TRD(a bait from ZMan) and maybe a pack of big TRDs. Get the Orange/Green Pumpkin ones. Those will get you spots,large mouth and those smallmouth. ZMan does sell a weedless shroom head jig that works great.

If you get a smallmouth, hold on! Those are the funniest ones to catch!

Edit: get a tube of gorilla glue super glue. A little dab on the head of the TRD helps to hold it in place. It adheres great to the elaztech.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Funkm05 likes this.
  17. BHP41

You’re not going to kill the battery if you’re just running the TM off of it. I can run mine hard for two days with no problems

18. BHP41

Lol. Sorry. I’ll look at the lake, I think my Navionics card has Ohio.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I can give my old man's sure fire fishing kit info
    12 pack of cheap beer
    Soda for the boy
    Bag of doritis
    Carton of chips a hoy
    Velvetta (for human and fish)
    Couple packs of Pall Mall

With that your pretty much set for a day of fishing.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Let me break this down ...
    Ned rig: 67098D6C-5DCF-483D-B451-0C0FD234021D.jpeg

Tube: FC8D5905-3405-49C1-8286-96C35E26E9E1.jpeg

Spinner:
    B3E1F39F-A2C8-4F03-946D-01AD8C813B7F.jpeg
    Basics will do you fine, and catch anything you wanna catch there.
    :D

BHP41 likes this.