1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Join STT at Carolina Motorsports Park Nov 21-22nd...

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

That's right, We return to CMP on the weekend before Thanksgiving again this year at this fine and fun race track in Kershaw,SC. Located about four hours East of Atlanta this track is really a blast. If you want to try something fun and different from Road A, Barber and Tally, come join us and have some fun! Rolling Hills, fast straights and some fast sweeping and some tight corners highlight this track. Nice paddock area with camping available and garages with electric available to rent from the track.

This event is currently about half full so if you want to ride a bit more this year come and join us. As always FREE Novice classroom and on-track Instruction and Free Track Coaching and One-on-One help available in the Intermediate class.

As always thank you WERA and WERA racers for all of your support:up:

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

CMP is located on the flatest part of the planet.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Fried Turkey Anyone??????

4. Motorin Mark

I'm pretty sure that as I come out of the turn 5-6-7 combo that's a rolling hill I am going down as I head into turn 8, then as I come up out of turn 8 I also think the track is rising at that point quite a bit too. Front straight is fairly level till the end then drops a bit for turn one and also as I leave turn three I think that's a downhill, No? Been going there since 2000 and its nowhere near as flat as Jennings or Tally. Its a blast!

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'm pretty sure I will be there. :)

6. Motorin Mark

Sat Intermediate is almost sold out as of today. Thanks all!

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

just signed up this morning........:beer:

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I live about 30 minutes from the track and the only rolling hills are rt 521 going to the track. It's about as flat as jennings and tally.

Regardless, it's a fun track. Even more so now with the new layout and the paved paddock.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree Buck.... Nothings flatter than Jennings... There are definietly some elevation changes at CMP... Great Track...

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You're right. I think I see a slight dip at the top of T12.

[​IMG]

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

If this elevation changes, it can't be more than a foot. Seriously.
    [​IMG]

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

rolling hills couldn't be further from the truth:crackup:

13. Motorin Mark

Wow, Easy boys, its just a track day no big deal. I am from Florida myself and what I consider a rolling hill may be different from what you guys do. Sorry I even mentioned it.

14. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Ride it on a bicycle and then decide if it's flat. It's definitely not Barber or Road Atlanta when it comes to elevation change, but it's also not flat either.

15. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

:stupid:

There is some elevation change, just not 40-50ft like there is at some other tracks.

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

no big deal it is a great track i enjoyed it a lot. i just would of never used that to describe it. all the turns are pretty flat, turn 8 has some slight banking but thats about it. i happen to really like tracks with elevation changes so if i was never there, read your description, and went all the way there on that premise i would be pissed. just sayin.....

17. Motorin Mark

Again sorry.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cant wait for this event...... Cool weather.... Great Layout....... and Rolling eerrrrr nevermind.... Bump for a great event... I am planning on Frying a couple of Turkeys since this will be my real Thanksgiving....

19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Well, I'm looking forward to riding a new track... and also looking forward to the fact that it's all of 25 minutes from the front door of my new house!!!

I'll betchya it's not as flat as Blackhawk Farms!!!!

t

20. mattgsxr

mattgsxr Well-Known Member

bunch of babies theres elevation no theres not yes there is boo hoo just ride and shut up