1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Ulrich comes up with another funny one!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Rich SmithMoore, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

2. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

I got it, I will start charging people to go to work for me. HMMMM Now I will
    have more time to go racing.
    What a tool!

3. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

Just because that is Ulrich's mag, doesn't mean blame Ulrich. However, wtf?
    This might be considerable for World Superbike, but not for some damn team
    I've never heard of.

4. Its not JU's fault. Its just a press release that someone sent him.

5. gix

gix jigga who?

"i paid $1000 bux and all i got was this crappy shirt"

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I just wanted to get in on the ground floor of this thread. That is all.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The press release wasn't JU's - the genius was in the headline....

8. gix

gix jigga who?

can i pay you $1000 to be your bitch? i would expect a tshirt.

9. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

10. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

In '91 Team Hawaii tried to do the whole National Endurance season, most of our members lived and raced in Hawaii. We always had a shortage of crew people and did things like take an extra bike to the races so guys from Hawaii could ride in practice at cool tracks and then crew for us in the race, they had to pay their own way. We ran an ad in the WERA National Program asking for pit crew and met some great people that way.

In '98 I moved from Hawaii to live in my RV and race my TZ in AMA 250 GP full time. Whenever I needed an extra hand at an AMA National I just asked the next spectator who walked by, soon I had a crew at each track who looked for me every year. Even when I was working with Chris Ulrich in what became Team RoadracingWorld.com I sometimes asked spectators for a hand and they were always happy to be part of the team.

My point is: People pay a lot of money to watch racing from behind a fence. When they get a chance to be involved its better for everyone. How much could you learn for your own racing from a weekend with me? Would that be worth something to you? I once talked to a guy for thirty minutes at a track, he made the changes to his bike and his riding that I told him to and dropped 3 seconds off his lap times that same day. People pay to go to MMI all the time, how much fun and learning could you have as part of a World Championship team?

11. Rich SmithMoore

You're in! I don't think you bought in at the standard free T-Shirt level however. How about the T-Shirt we use during the fuel stops? :eek: That way the aroma will bring back fond memories.........:up:

12. Rich SmithMoore

That's how I bribed one of our crew at a Nelson 3-Hour last year! Right before he took the bike out we remembered that he'd never ridden using a "GP" pattern before..........:wow:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We can work something out but my starting rate is $10k, includes a t-shirt and your own cowboy hat.

14. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

Where Do I Sign Up!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bring cash to the next race. Hat and shirt will be issued following deposit of cash into my account.

16. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

Sounds great to me! I use my old 2 stroke gas from the year before in the the weed eater, always brings back fond memories:up:

17. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

I wonder what it costs for just the newsletter subscription?

18. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

That's exactly how I used to find umbrella girls for our AMA team. I would wait for a pretty girl to walk by and ask her. 10 out of 10 times they were all for it and had a blast.

19. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Great post. :up:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What Ed says is very true. In light of that, working for me will only cost $15k per event :D