1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Kerry- candidate for the common man

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Oct 6, 2004.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

About says it all, but the Heinz/Kerry's and Edwards are first in line for one of the new dual fuel Ford Escape SUV's to do their part! should help balance out thier enviromental commitment!

Damn he is one ugly guy, guess choosing Edwards makes the ticket an "average looking guy"

3. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I read somewhere the other day that his mountain bikes are all custom made just for him and cost $12K apiece and he has 5 of them.

There is nothing wrong with having money, but don't pretend to be something you are not just to get votes.

Maybe I am wrong. How many Brioni suits do all of you own? Did you pay more for one of your ties than I paid for my car?

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

His personal wealth is irrellevent. If anything it shows him to be a man who - is not becoming President ot make it rich, and should mean he is a guy that cannot be bought.

America is Capitalist. Every person in the country (me included) has that kind of wealth as a carrot on the end of a stick. Its there if you have the ability and a bit of luck. It's the American dream. How is that to be used against him???

His upbringing is of priveledge, but he is not so priveledged as to be removed from the common man. He and Bush share that background.

BUT DAMN - WHY SO MANY DAMN HOUSES...BASTARD:mad:

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You're joking right? He has no freaking knowledge of the common man. He is so damn rich and always has been. Married into one of the wealthiest families in the US to boot.

The only two of the four candidates that have any clue of the common man are Cheney and Edwards because they weren't raised in a wealthy family. Not poor by any means but certainly not what most consider wealthy.

And everyone can be bought. :D

6. MarkB

I can't be bought.

I would say that 2 tours on a floating target up and down the river would have put hi in touch with the common man enough. That was a conscript army.

[actually, I can be bought - I take most forms of credit card AND paypal]

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LOL I knew you could be bought. :D

Actually the guys riding boats up and down the Vietnam river delta are anything but common. Military service is not the place for officers to get in touch with the common man. They are seperated and treated special from day one. Of course on river boats they are big targets too. :D Besides, he was only there for about 4 months. Not exactly a study on the common man. ;)

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Two tours = four months?

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LMAO! I said the same thing!!! 2 tours??? WTF???

Goes to show there are lotsa sucka's out there biting on the donkey lies.

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Mark ... you are confusing Kerry with this guy (easy to do). This guy was scheduled for a three hour tour ... a three hour tour ...

[​IMG]

11. kmfegan

Don't tell me that you fall for that "I served two tours" bullshit that Kerry spouts off.

Kerry's record in Vietnam-
    June 67 to June 68 serves on USS Gridley – guided missile frigate.
    - June 67 to Nov 67 USS Gridley in CA
    -Dec 67 USS Gridley operating in China Sea and Gulf of Tonkin
    - Jan 2 68 USS Gridley sails to Australia
    - USS Gridley returns Long Beach CA on June 8 68
    The USS Gridley spent approximately (5) weeks off the coast of Vietnam, this is what Kerry considers his “first” tour in Vietnam.

Swift Boat duty
    Arrives in Vietnam on Nov 17 68 at Cam Ranh Bay (in the rear, you know, where China Beach was) @ Coastal Squadron One, Coastal Division 14.
    - Attends (1) month at Cam Ranh Bay training.
    - Receives first Purple Heart in Cam Ranh Bay incident
    - Assigned to Coastal Division 11 in An Thoi Dec 68 and is
    transferred out after (1) week.
    - Dec 68 Assigned to CosDiv 13 @ Cat Lo
    - Spends “Xmas in Cambodia” Dec 68 according to him
    - Mar 17 1969 leaves An Thoi for US after invoking 3 Purple Heart rule.

He spent (3) months in the shit and bugged out of Viet Nam early on a technicality, the only one in the entire command to do so.

12. kmfegan

There is no way that Kerry identifies with the "common man". He was born into the Forbes family of wealth and privelage.

I'll bet you could buy a brand new 600 and set it for SS for just for the cost of the clothes he wore today.

Here is how you get Kerry-
    Add one half-
    [​IMG]
    Judge Smails from Caddyshack

and add the second half-
    [​IMG]
    Charles Emerson Winchester III from MASH.

And that is how you come up with one John Kerry.

He might have a some Winthorp from Trading Places in him also but I could not confirm this.

I could just see John Kerry saying (in reference to his watch, excuse me, timepiece) - "This is a Rouchefoucauld. The finest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverley Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Gstaad."

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  13. kmfegan

President Bush was out with the people of Florida the day of the debate.
    Kerry was out getting a manicure.

Now tell me again who is the man of the people?

14. MarkB

:( but...I saw film of him holding a gun, and he was wearing a helmet and everything....:(

15. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

MarkBigalow - male gigolo

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LMAO!!

So he does wear a helmet. Did he ride a short bus to school? :D