1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Knipp

Discussion in 'General' started by Rdrace42, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

No thread and Jimmy? Word is he passed. Not sure exactly when. Man....the clock is ticking on us all. Great guy, fast, fun. First time I saw a TZ500....

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I remember him racing that TZ500 quite a bit back in the day, particularly at Grattan. RIP racer.

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Wow......guess there's nobody left that remembers him....I remember him on his Honda CB Superbike, and his TZ500. This is earlier on his KZ650.

upload_2024-1-20_9-44-56.jpeg

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes of course I remember him. I was chasing obit info yesterday but couldn't find any. He wasn't the only one at Grattan on a TZ500, there was a Gerald something on one too?

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Found it on rider files

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I had some great times with Jim over the years. I remember the first time at the GNF when he was racing his TZ there. He crashed it in practice and was planning on not racing it due to damage. A large number of his friends jumped in to help with the repairs to get him on the track, just as he had done for them over the years. He had painted the bike with stripes that matched duct tape colors on the white gel coat fairings, so we were able to tape it back together and it looked as if it had never been damaged.
    He was a good guy. RIP

Once a Wanker.. and mike w like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly only a handful of us still around who remember him.

9. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Remember him and his very professional looking team when I first got involved in the early 80s.We pitted beside them a few times.