1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Race's "between Sepang & Valencia" gossip thread

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Oct 31, 2015.

1. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

:bow::Pop:
    :bow::Pop:

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm waiting for him to start a thread about the first race of next season sometime next week. :D:)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally disagree.

4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ This may be true, and it is CAS decision as well. What he does have every right to do, is request to be involved. That is the point your missing.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'll affect everyone, so should every single rider have their lawyers involved?

6. sharky nrk

See above.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Rossi did open a door slightly with his collusion BS :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never said he didn't have a right to ask. I called it stupid and totally agree with the CAS peeps on blowing him off :D

(I'm guessing that's the above post you mean)

9. sharky nrk

This is kind of a silly question. None of the other riders have a chance at the championship.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So? Is that what makes him somehow special? If it's a rules issue they all have an interest. If it's only about the championship should everyone with no chance be ignored in rules enforcement or scoring?

11. sharky nrk

It was the above post I meant, a gotta wait 30 seconds :D.

My point is, its wasn't stupid - not after he already stuck his nose in it. You have shit on your nose from sticking it where it doesn't belong - you might as well try and get something out of it.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Now that I have to agree with, once he got stupid he may as well stick with it.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no.. but pretty sure most of the top riders, have bonuses attached to finishing in spots other than just the overall championship.

14. sharky nrk

No, but VR wouldn't have appealed it unless it could cost him the championship. If this was round 4 and he was in 8th in the championship standings, he wouldn't appeal it. He is appealing it in an attempt to move/remove the punishment to a later date so he doesn't suffer the championship consequences of his decision.

15. sharky nrk

But even if he (VR) doesn't line up and race, he claims second. It doesn't apply in this SPECIFIC circumstance. The only people that it directly affects their end of the year standings is VR and JL. That is why I am taking the stance on whether is is "stupid" or not for JL to request. Was it good PR - hell no. Should he have kept his mouth shut from the beginning - hell yes. But he didn't - and it affects him directly in a way that is affects NO ONE else on the grid.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The thing is though, JoT was penalized, nothing at all happened to Lorenzo, he got his finish, his points, his everything including the ability to start where he qualifies this weekend. The ruling won't directly affect him, his championship hopes are in his hands.

17. sharky nrk

I could argue this both ways. Your point is valid, but to say VR getting a punishment for his rule breaking as determined by RD and the FIM and now CAS - does not have an impact on what he has to do is not true. There is an impact and it can/will likely affect the end result.

18. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Mongo, serious question:

How would you have handled the VR/MM on track situation?

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Papa for President :D

20. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember whether there's been a more anticipated race in the last decade...is Valencia the most anticipated race in over a decade?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015