1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jetting 01 SV

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Fredy, May 11, 2005.

1. Fredy

Fredy I need to loose weight!!

What is recomended for an 01 SV with an M4 full system? I purchased the bike used and it had a Hole Shot exhaust on it with shimmed needles not exactly sure what was done.

Any feeback would be appreciated, I did a search on the forum but nothing came up.

Thanks,
    Fredy

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

The Factory Pro kit using the baseline setting works absolutely awesomely with an M4!!

www.1888fastlap.com

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Re: Re: Jetting 01 SV

:stupid:

4. Fredy

Thnaks for the reply! appreciated.

I checked the Factory site and they have a couple of kits.

Are you using the BMC filter also?
    Are you running pump gas?

Thanks,
    Fredy

5. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I've never had any luck with the bigger filters on a "stock" SV. The jetting always seems hit and miss. 9 times out of 10 I'd get more power out of the stock filter and the factory pro kit.

You'll only need to run gas higher than 87 if you start getting detonation and that usually only happens when you deck the head.

The 1.0 is all you need.

6. Fredy

Thanks again!!
    I'll give it a try.
    :up:

7. dave333

dave333 traveler

Go onto the dedicated SV650 forum (I don't have the url with me) and search for "6 bucks and a snorklectomy"

I jetted my '01 using that method and it ran great. Read the report, the dude really wore out the dyno testing every combination of filters, jetting, parts and pieces...

Save yerself some $$$, find that write-up!

8. dave333

dave333 traveler

btw, I have used quite a few Factory Pro / Marc Salvisberg products and they are terrific. If you wind up going that way, I'm sure you will not go wrong.

I just believe you can save yourself a big chunk of tire money by following the write-up....