1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerez, Spain | MotoGP 2013 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 2, 2013.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Radical Freedom Fighter

There is a lot more runoff there now!

2. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

In the 2 pics Marquez had position on Lorenzo earlier than Rossi had on Gibernau. Rossi's was a punt move for the word go. Marquez was NEXT TO Lorenzo on entry.
    Regarless, I expect them ALL to race Marquez a little harder to earn him a penalty. Granted, he did nearly hit Lorenzo what,6-7 times that they showed. The kid is erratic, Talented, for sure. I don't even like him either.

3. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here... Marquez will make you a goddamned sexual tyrannosaurus... Just like Blaine...

Jorge should have slammed that door shut and made him go the long way around... Just like sete should have in '05...

Couple of other notes... Thanks Kevin... And is Rossi still back?

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

And Wilco Zeelenberg (Lorenzo's crew chief) said something similar according to Frenchie Thiam.

I think that they are trying to diffuse a potentially distracting public controversy.

Regardless of whether Jorge went wide, it was the responsibility of Marquez not to slam into Lorenzo.

Bottom line: this was a racing incident that does not require a penalty to Marquez even if he has fault for the collision.

But I bet a few folks do have a sit down with Marky, at least i hope they do.

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

He left the inside open after being passed at the end of the backstraight. I would (if I were smart) built a tent at that corner to prevent myself from being passed.

6. caferace

caferace No.

It was pretty funny what MM said in the press conference ...

"I learn from the video.."

-jim

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

8. caferace

caferace No.

Little early to be drunk, no?

-jim

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm confused. :confused:

MM held his line, had position, and "turned into" JL?

Disagree with stuffing it up the inside on a horseshit trajectory, but JL turned into MM.

Guess if JL really wanted to keep the position, he would have run a defensive line into the turn, or backed off and let MM run wide and retaken the position up the inside.

Am I the only one thinking it might be a little "manufactured drama"?

10. caferace

caferace No.

Marquez "line" was heading straight to the gravel pit. Jorge assisted in course correction.

It definitely makes things interesting though. Already have an email in to Mike Webb for this weeks show.

-jim

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ehh...if MM was already at the limit of lean to make the corner, that "course correction" would have put him on his head. His bike barely twitched.

I'm doubling down on the "drama for the fans" conspiracy. :D

12. caferace

caferace No.

13. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

It was clear to me the door was wide open. MM had a wheel on him before they collided. It is almost hard for me to believe George didn't see him well before the collision. Whether he could have altered his line to avoid it or not is another question entirely though. As wide as George was, I bet MM thought he could get through cleanly. Once you've committed and stick it in that deep, what else are you going to do other than hold on.

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yea, i LOL at that. :up:

15. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

:stupid: other than the "manufactured drama" part

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It was a hard pass for sure. Lorenzo should have closed the line. I hope he doesn't get on his soapbox about this. Just go back out there and race.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

MM was next to JL way before the bikes started the corner. JL had to know he wasn't going to win that battle.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

How do you "back off" when you're already at 100% braking? :D

19. caferace

caferace No.

Very carefully. :)

-jim

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid: