1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jennings

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by phantom 309, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Fired up the little beast last night at 10:00 PM, (just enough to know it was running on both cylinders). Cleared it out this AM before we loaded it in the van.. Had to swap out the tank for a Daytona tank because of sediment It is now "the bike of many colors" It has taken on the appearance of a JYD... based on how it felt when it cleared out and came on the pipe it is a JYD with a BAM... hope it holds together for the next two races... Scott can certainly give it a good ride... Hopefully he will put it on the podium..

2. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I'm adding shrapnel shields to the Kawi for Tally. :D

(Note to WERA: Bring extra fire extinguishers)

3. charles

charles The Transporter

You may borrow my flak jacket provided you return it.
    Holes larger than 25mm (piston pieces, wrist pins,
    gear fragments, clutch hubs) and you replace it.

Regarding any prospective fires and flame-outs, Scott
    has lined his leathers with tin foil so he can at least be
    parbroiled instead of simply getting burnt to a crisp.:clap:

4. Yamaha Fan

All right enough is enough, this is a trusty RD250, NOT a hybrid MX360... Although it looks like a JYD it is a sound little bike, My reference to it holding together is based on the fact that I have not had time to check out the motor, it is just as it was when it was put up 4 years ago. Now for the good stuff, as reported from the top step of the podium, it handles like it is on rails (yes it won its debut race) It needs a bit more jetting work and the SBC brake pads need a bit of getting used to. Glad to see Scott doing well in V2... The 360 should be back by Nashville... then you can make all the jokes you want..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Good work Bob- isn't tat bike v1 legal if you use a drum?

6. Yamaha Fan

Thanks Buff
    Yes it is V1 legal, I would have to do some serious begging to get a proper drum for it from Lyn though (I do not intend to run it in V1) ... It was not at full pace at Jennings, jetting/motor needs some more sorting out. As I said, Scott said it was on rails, front brake was not there (issues with new pads and the caliper).

I need to do allot of cleaning up on it but it is ridable and competitive.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008