1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jennings

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by phantom 309, Aug 1, 2008.

1. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

whos going to jennings next week?

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I was planning on it, but took a look at my bank statement and realized that I'm done for the year till the gnf. :(

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm in......what are you riding Mr. Joyce?

4. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

All in: Jesse will be riding his[and Max's] old SV650 as the R6 needs a GMD frame/swingarm straightening session [ka-ching] new helmet [ka-ching etc [getting depressed] Phil Schilling wrote an article once on why racers quit racing and lack of funding was high up on the list....hey Charlie--have you ever missed one race this year? [ I already know the answer to that you're like the energizer bunny or something...that was MY strategy for this season but YOU are doing it better!]:bow:

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey CP....glad you guys are all in, I enjoy your company for sure.:up:

'preciatte the nod for the attendance award.....I'm taking the tortise approach this year. Last year I did the same amount, but I had 7 or 8 wins by now in the GP classes.

Trying to build a V1 bike while racing at the same time has been a challange.

You sir,....may be in the hunt for the National #1 in V1.....have you done any research?...how many wins do you have?.....you and Steve-O dual at GNF?

I think the points set-up is pretty good. Attending, racing, and finishing will get you a Regional Championship.

Attending, racing, and finishing, and WINNING will get you the National Title:bow:

Being totally honest, I just enjoy being there and racing:D

Mr. Morrow, you will be missed, you seem to up the 2 stroke anty when you show......hey bring your Bugle again sometime.:clap:

6. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

What? There's another race already!?
    It feels like I just got off of that track; who made this schedule, someone that doesn't race a Vintage bike?

7. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I'm gonna wait and go to Tally. Jennings will be hotter than a fresh fox in the forest fire.

8. phantom 309

you 2 stroke guys are comming up with all kinds of reasons not to come get beat by a little push rod twin. where is that green kawi gonna be?:up:

9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:crackup:

10. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

just like you chickened out at barber not bringin the 500 Tri to race... :cool:

11. phantom 309

Now you know its broke just like your 500 always was.:Poke: well if no ones going I may just go to TGP.I mean for v-3 or v-4

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

i believe jim said he was skipping jennings and going to tally. im trying to make both!!

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Now that i'm finally getting 75HP out of my RD400 "B" motor,
    all of you are lucky I don't show up and lay down the law.:D

14. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

C'mon now, that's not fair. I signed up and took my beating fair and square the last time when you said you were going to bring out a Triumph, but instead, showed up with a $20k+ exotic that didn't even belong to you. (2 of them if I'm not mistaken!) Really, if you wanted to see who was the best at Barber, you should have given me one of those Manxes and we could have had a REAL race! (I'd even have taken the slow one...)
    I'll make you a deal: You get the tri500 back running and I'll borrow the $500 it would take for me to go to Jennings. That we can have a real race with similar machinery, not a one sided battle featuring a junkyard dog rd (with stock frame, stock forks, stock wheels, stock brakes, stock swingarm, and stock bodywork.) vs factory gp replica that barely has any original components on it. (Is it even fair to call one of those things a Manx????)Then you can feel free to lay down all the smack you want....that is, if your "Queens Iron" can hold together for all 8 laps!

:cool:

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

16. charles

charles The Transporter

:D :p :up: :bow: :eek: :wow: :crackup: :Pop:

17. charles

charles The Transporter

This time don't set yer bike on fire!

18. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Speaking of that, McCain is supposed to show up on an RD250.

19. phantom 309

Well the old britt junk triumph has been turning better times then the manx with its stock frame, stock frontend, hell stock everything.:) And who is the one that can't make it 8 laps big boy.:p And I was on the slow one.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  20. charles

charles The Transporter

:Pop:

The truth is we need something like a 'Race of Champions' to
    settle things like this out on the track...here, on these threads,
    everyone is fast and faster.:D