1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings Question

Discussion in 'General' started by jschuster2, Oct 31, 2015.

1. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Three weeks til the Endurance Races. Anybody know if they have electric hookups for campers?
    Thanks

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not the most stable power but there are a decent number of 30amp outlets.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes but bring a surge protector or voltage stabilizer or just run your generator.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

They do, but IIRC they are all off in the grass. so you might want ground cover to set the bikes on.

Also, When I was there a few weeks ago. The paddock area behind the tower and across the access road did not have any power. All the poles were pulled out.

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

As long as I've been going I should know this, but don't :confused:..... maybe someone will chime in if they know...... expect a decent crowd with some toyhaulers, so may want to contact Jennings to see if you can reserve a spot, but believe it's first come - first serve. You pay at the gate.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would suggest reconing the available power before handing over any cash. Bring your meter! Honestly the $40 extra dollars it costs to run a genny the entire weekend vs plugging into their "suspect" outlets is worth not browning out my RV.

7. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I couldn't remember if it was Jennings that some had trouble with the electric hookups. I will bring a generator. I have another if anybody wants to use it for the weekend I can bring it too.It's in the classifieds.

8. There are very few RV power outlets. Like 4 I think. I've used them before and they worked fine (i always use a surge protector anyway) but you have to get there early to get one.

Side question, how can this race be held there? Is it because it's only one race or because the bikes are small?

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

There is a lot more than 4, maybe 20 or so (assuming we are talking about 30 amp).

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

There are around 15 or so 30 amp. Only 1 or 2 50 amp.

11. I was talking about 50amp. I remember there only being a few of them and they were over by the tall building where WERA registration used to be.

12. t11ravis

Both I think. Spoke with Borge last weekend about it, he's definitely still worried about the noise but willing to give it a shot.

13. t11ravis

Yep.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Weird, I always thought the singles and Ninja's with pipes were louder than the 600's and 1000's?

15. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

My ninjette from the sidelines with a M4 pipe doesn't sound loud, even though it does on when on the bike.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Maybe I need to show up there with a bunch of generators. I have 8 in stock right now.

17. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

We're racing motorbikes... not genny's. :D

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Upgrade the ninjettes to generator motors, they'll go faster. :D

19. t11ravis

:crackup:

20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Do you pick them up here yourself or get them shipped? I can deliver some to you for a reasonable fee if you normally pick them up.