1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Gladiator

Discussion in 'General' started by bleacht, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Same at my dealer.

The straight-axle stuff is their #1 mover. In a town of ~10K, they’re moving 2-3 JL’s a day. Seems nuts to me.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yeah, I came to my senses. That being said, have a real question for those knowledgeable about Jeeps.

Mine came with the hardtop with two removable "freedom panels" (takes me about two minutes to take them off and put them in their holder), so I assumed I'd hold onto thta and get the soft top when it came out and put that on in the summertime. Now (because of a lack of soft top availability and general ignorance on the soft top), I'm wondering if I can get the majority of the benefit of the soft top in the "sunrider", which replaces the freedom panels for a soft top which takes five seconds to open and close (and can be done whilst inside the truck).

Anyone with a JL Wrangler help me out with the pros/cons to either setup?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/twill-sunrider-hardtop-20-jeep-wrangler-jl

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, no clue on that setup. The hard top hoists do work really well for removing the whole thing. I'd lean towards hard top and a safari bikini when it's off but that can get you a bit damp if caught in a shower :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. That’s why the first thing you do is remove the carpet and add about 2-3 layers of bed liner.

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Same here. Saw one at Walgreens yesterday. Looked ok, but not as sharp as I was expecting. Maybe they’ll grow on me. I’d still consider it for a possible purchase, possibly.

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yup, one is still on my list of future fun vehicles, but I'll give them 7-8 years for the prices to mellow out a bit. If I get one I'm gonna get stupid with modifying it anyway, so there's zero point in buying new and paying premium prices.

sharkattack likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yank the hard top, yank the carpet. Reinstall the Freedom panels as a "hard" bimini/bikini. Use a "spider shade" for the rear if it's a 4dr.
    And get rid of those damn full-size doors. With the top off, it looks dumber than a multi-use tailgate on a "real" truck. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wasn't talking about the Jeep but the driver/passengers. It's easy enough to stash a rainsuit somewhere and it's not an issue :D

12. It’s the risk you take being a passenger, unless it’s the wife then I’m the passenger:)