1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Gladiator

Discussion in 'General' started by bleacht, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I keep going back and forth if I want to spend the $ on coil overs. I still have a set of king shocks I bought for a steal, had them rebuilt and still am at about 45% of what they cost retail. I’ll pop them in once I put my axles back in and see what they are like. I’m pretty picky and ask way too much of my Jeep. Want it to go 80-85mph smoothly and very stable then be able to take a turn and go off-road. One big thing for me was getting all the steering angles, track bar etc set up as perfect as I could. Yes I have a flipped link, just takes some measuring angles, but of trial and error and no bump steer, well as much as no bump steer as you can get on a Jeep. Jeeps are like anything. You can spend hours and hours tuning stuff or just get it close and go enjoy it. I’ve got everything logged so that when I go do some more serious stuff changes take less than an hour including swapping tires. Also at a bare min front brake pads. Rumors are the new brakes are better but previous gen they ducked. I have a 3/4 ton front swap but yet to put it on. I run hawk pads right now and they do an ok job but noisy as hell.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

@DaveK would do it, but that 3" would make him have to buy an adult ticket at the movie theater...

Mot Okstef likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My buddy has an LS that he's offered to me for free to swap out if I want it...............but the stock engine is totally fine for moving my fat ass from a to b.

Dropped it off tonight to have the spray in bedliner done so I can start using it for truck-y type stuff.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, those 4' long 2 x 4's need to be hauled...:Poke:
    :D

fastfreddie and SuddenBraking like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

*Clears throat*

"It's a five foot bed."

*Ducks from tomatoes*

crashman likes this.
  8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

My father in law needs a new truck, maybe I can convince him to get one, he's not going to be around a lot longer. :D

ducnut, SuddenBraking and crashman like this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Damn, dude.
    That's cold. :crackup:

10. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Thay look better with bigger tires:

IMG_5413.JPG

Odilup and ducnut like this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Other than the orange that does not look half bad. Stupid money but not bad looking at all.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Everything looks better with bigger tires.

That thing is ugly as sin tho.

baconologist likes this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I hope those are real bead locks and not just style rings.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Saw one of these in the wild today. They don't looks as good in person as I thought they would. All tarted up with a lift and bigger tires would look better, but bone stock look terrible IMO.

Odilup and 418 like this.
  15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

For some whiny entitled bitch to drive to the outlet mall? Unlikely.

16. SuddenBraking

[​IMG]

17. 418

418 Expert #59

:D

I didn't even pay attention to these things then I seen a few in Detroit last week and there is just something off dimensionally about them. Can't put my finger on it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Everybody said that about the 4 door Wranglers when they came out, they looked very very wrong, but now they are as normal as anything else.

sharkattack likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s the same issue with the Ridgeline (either generation), IMO. The proportions and styling are totally fooked, even though the concept is really good. On the contrary, I actually like the Gladiator’s proportions.

418 likes this.
  20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

FWIW, I was at the local dealer today picking up a truck, and my sales guy said they can't keep the damn things in stock. Sold every on they've gotten in..Crazy...