1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JB Weld

Discussion in 'General' started by Turbo Dog, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

This stuff is amazing. I raced at Roebling last sunday and after the first practice, the inside of my windscreen and gas tank was covered in mist like I just stepped out of a steam room. I knew it was going to be humid down there but damn I wasn't expecting that. It turned that out that I got a rock hole in my radiator and water was spewing everywhere. Oops. Just then, "Professional Novice" Ed Jenkins came over with JB Weld to save my day. In 5 minutes, my radiator was good to go. Thanks Ed and Thanks JB Weld. It's 2 little tubes of stuff that you mix together and 4 minutes later it turns into steel. Crazy. Where can I buy this stuff? Everyone should have this stuff in their arsenal of... stuff.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Get it at just about any well stocked auto parts store; stuff works great on holes in sidecovers, too. Like when you're out dirtbiking in the middle of nowhere and hole one on a large rock - not that I have any first-hand experience with that. No, sir...

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Any hardware store or autoparts store.{edit} What ^^^^^^^^said

4. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

Hey Bill, you ever use that stuff on the Busch cars after they scrape the walls?

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Get JB Quick...sets up much faster

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

J B Weld works the balls. Lever uses it for foot pegs! :up:

[​IMG]

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

but what is the safety wire for? ;)

:crackup: that brings back memories :up:

8. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

RTFRB. :crackup:

9. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I prefer QuikSteel. Sets up much quicker and it's easier to use. Tried JB weld on a cracked case and it didn't hold. Quiksteel fixed it right up.

10. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

There was a bolt running through the peg!!!

11. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

but what is the safety wire for? ;)

:stupid:

JB is a temporary fix, but it is really just a good grade of epoxy. They call it steel but it isn't. My advise is to get the radiator repaired. The epoxy will turn lose over time and your leak will come back.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And JB Weld and epoxies make it a Pain In The Ass to Weld when used on aluminum, you have to get it ALL off, so think about that when your smearing the stuff all over the broken parts.

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Is that a whine I hear? :D

14. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

No kidding, anybody got some cheese and crackers?