1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamie James Race builds

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Feb 8, 2024.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Beeb,

Looking to get back into track days after a long break. I love the work Jamie James and Doug Crawford (JJP) put into their builds from back in the day. Hoping someone has one of these bikes for sale. If so, please let me know!

Thank you!

Jason B.

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I had the pleasure of riding with Jamie James at one of Bill Browns vintage invitational events. It was around 2019.

Bill owned one of Jamie's winning race bikes. Maybe an early 90s yzf that Jamie rode in Bill's event. I don't know where all of Bill's bikes went after he passed other than one is in the Barber museum.

At the time Jamie owned a cajun restaurant somewhere down south. I bet you could track him down.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was there at Indy Boh years as well.. Jamie did a Killer Dinner.. Gumbo or something.... Mike Burns would know the answer to this but he's not on the Beeb much...

dave3593 likes this.
  4. dave3593

Yes! The food he cooked was great!

I was thinking about Mike also. I think he ended up with at least one of Bill's bikes.

Did you ride the event. If so what were you on?

I remember Jamie taking a fast ride through the grass.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes I rode both years there at the Brickyard..I had the TL1000R and GSXR1000… Mike had Scott Russel’s R1…

dave3593 likes this.
  6. dave3593

I mixed up Mike and Mitch. It was Mitch that got a Bill Brown bike I think.