1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's time to step up and be a man.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sklossmonster, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Sklossmonster

Sklossmonster Well-Known Member

I know times are hard for everyone these days, but I'm sure we all agree the people in Japan are suffering right now on a level most of us can barely imagine.

With that in mind, I'm calling out all the men (and women) who haven't already done something to help. The American Red Cross is where I sent my $300.

https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052&idb=0

Less than a set of tires, if that helps put it in perspective for you.

Step up and do the right thing. You'll be a better man for it, and maybe one day when you need it someone will be there for you.

2. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

I get your post but the subject line escapes me.

3. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I sympathize with all of the people affected by the quake and tsunami, but we already provide for disaster relief and economic aid through our tax dollars. I'm going to "step up and be a man" for another six months in a shithole of a country later this year. My $300 is buying a netbook so I can Skype with my wife of just over a year while I miss our second anniversary, both of our birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
    No offense, but I'll consider my box checked.

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

And SklossMonster didn't?

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:up:

Thank you for your sevice.

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

ill be a man by paying my tax dollars so the government can decide for me that its necessary to rebuild another country with my money instead of letting me make that decision on my own. :rolleyes: i'll leave it at that until this gets moved to the dungeon

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I see this thread going downhill very quickly.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

A day down and nothing but winners on the front page.
    In.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't see any connection to me being a "Man" and sending funds to Japan.

Japan is NOT a 3rd World Country...and not in as deep of debt as the USA, I will contribute to this country first..when I have seen everything fixed here, then I well send funds overseas.

Funny how no one is speaking to the massive flooding HERE in the US...and all the people displaced and homeless because of that.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i agree with both post 8 and post 9.

11. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

As ex-military and a current tax payer... I have done my part in helping out on all home fronts!!!

12. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Back in the Mid 90s, they had the Kobe earthquake, and pretty much refused outside assistance. They are proud people, and I respect the hell out of them for that. I don't know if everyone has seen the footage, but the homeless were standing in line and being quite waiting for food and water. That is largely different than what we have all seen in other catastrophe situations. Anyway, the Japanese took a lot of heat over Kobe from the international community, and so far it looks like they are more open to help. Having said that, I'm not sure that sending the Red Cross $300 bones makes you a man. Maybe rowing your boat across the Pacific and then getting your hands dirty would.

13. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Well this thread didn't go as planned.

14. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

X 2..fix US first..:up:

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Can't be all that bad. At least you have internet access. :up:

16. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Dude your post is the HEAT!!! be safe brotha, and I may see you over there. I do not know if you're a Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Airman, but we all shed the same blood on the same ground.

Semper Fi!
    Ty

17. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

By the title of this thread, I thought it was about taking responsibilities for one's actions (like on a race track, at say, Daytona). :Poke:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have a Japanese bike ;)

19. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Yea....every thing we own is from Japan so in a way we have allready MANuped...

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's just trying to manupulate you.