1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's coming to No. Florida.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

#10 just formed near the Yucatan and it's predicted to come across the Big Bend some time Wednesday.
    You never know what these suckers are gonna do but it looks like my place is in the eye. Summertime...

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's going to be an arm-wrestling match between high wind shear trying to tear it apart, and hottub-like conditions in the gulf feeding it spinach.

As long as it scoots on across it shouldn't get too terribly strong.

3. Sabre699

Conjecture is always what it is until the sumbitch is in the back yard. :D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I ain’t never heard of no hurricane coming ashore in the Land of Sky Blue Waters (Waters)…and there ain’t no cockroaches the size of dinner plates or 20# lizards falling out of trees or 30’ snakes that want to give you a hug, and don’t even get me started on the eight legged freaks that can lift a Volkswagen…

But if there were, they’d never get through the fourteen layers of down and microfibers you need to not end up a douchecicle during the 11 months of mild winter…. :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Be cutting limbs around the house today. Work week is still normal schedule.
    The benefits of living in the FL GA crotch is that someone else normally takes the big hit and just get tree and roof damage and maybe lose power a couple day.
    The Gulf, Keys and SFL seem to get whacked every year.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Scheduled to fly into Tampa on Thursday afternoon from the NE. Guessing at minimum the flightpath will be routed further west over Atlanta due to the remnants of this storm still being along the Atlantic coast in the Carolinas.

7. Sabre699

Idalia is the bitch's name.
    Here we go. :beer:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Where do you live? Looks like anywhere between Cedar Key and Pensacola should likely be bracing for a direct hit.

9. Sabre699

Jennings. :D

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Time for the annual track pressure washing

Circacee and Sabre699 like this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Looks like a great day or two to be in Cancun. I wonder how well they can see the storm from the HZ.

12. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Instead of starting a new thread every week, wouldn't it make more sense to start threads like "Florida is NOT under violent weather attack"? Those threads would only pop up once every few years, rather than weekly.

Stay safe, Florida peeps :)

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

great...I have a flight departing JAX on Wednesday. :(

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I always seem to find myself out of town when these things happen. I'll be watching what happens from Dallas, but it looks like my area is kind of out of the way now.

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Great...another reason for my friggin' insurance rates to go up......

16. Sabre699

And don't forget the price of gas.

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Love those Midweek storms

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have to say, first storm of the year is always kind of funny - give it another two or three and no one will even mention a category 1...

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Another level of media caused freakout for sure but looks like it's a very limited issue at the retail end.