1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy vs. England

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Jul 11, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

no they wouldnt, they have plenty more than 1 ref and the "flops" you see most time are embellishments for actual fouls so the calls are correct. whats dumb is taking a different sport and trying to implement the rules they have on to it. say like hockey to soccer

2. henry_carlson

you ever seen to old mls shootouts? those were epic haha

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I do think that the changes that have been put in place are making the game better. Given that the linesmen can call a foul, much like American football's line judge or side judge can throw a flag, and all the calls are reviewed by VAR, I don't know that adding another Ref on field would help.

code3ryder likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You mean the NASL? The 15 seconds to shoot and you start 35 yards out?
    Those were epic.

5. henry_carlson

damn ill have to search out those ones. i am not old enough for the glory of that was the og nasl.

6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The goal from the English side was fucking great. Shame on their mgr for having his squad sit back the rest of the match until it was too late. You can’t sit on a 1-0 lead, it’s a death sentence. He also fucked up by subbing in 2 players with no time left to take penalties. You have to have some rhythm of the game to take a shot like that.

Like Robby-Bobby, I played at the highest youth level in the U.S. my entire childhood, then had a D1 scholarship. After playing, I coached at the highest level in the country for a decade. I’m sick and fucking tired of the diving and crying. It’s flat out fucking embarrassing, and is only getting worse.

I wish FIFA would get hard core about it. Like..if you dive or fake an injury, straight ejection. Allow your team to sub another player as to not destroy the game or something…but send a firm message that it will not be tolerated. Let the game be played like men as it should be. It you get fouled hard enough or in a dirty manor, that player will be dealt with accordingly. Otherwise, take your lumps and get on with it.

ungwaha, Thistle and FastByKids like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So, is it finally over now?.....

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

A long time ago, been part of the winter six nations tournament for years.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

100%

ungwaha and code3ryder like this.
  10. henry_carlson

right like why didnt he put them on for all of extra time? and he lets a 17 year old who has never taken a penalty before in his life have the final kick!

also, you of all people should know it will never happen. most of the time there is contact and they were fouled. and how am i going to say, as a ref , this person is faking an injury? sure they can give reds instead of yellows for simulation but that wont change the end of the game time wasting. and look at copa america, they "let them play" and because of that the players have to dive/embellish to just get a damn call when they got a studs up challenge or elbowed in the face. its a vicious circle and all you can do is hope the game is called evenly. i dont like the crying but it seems that in all aspects of life this is a new reality.

11. Robin172

That final was something else, part brilliance, part hilarity - some of the play resembled what you see in Sunday morning leagues in England after a night out on the beer - and part out and out brutality.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. henry_carlson

right and have you watched any of the gold cup? they are so physical and dirty half the teams wont let their players go because they will end up like Chucky Lozano with 40 stiches in his head!

13. Robin172

I've watched a bit here and there. The funny thing is I grew up watching and playing footie like that, it was the norm at the time.

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I get it. It's a ridiculous cycle. Perfect example though....near the end of the match the giant ugly center back from England grabbed his face dramatically acting like he got kicked in the face by the Italian forward on a high kick. They showed a quick replay and the Italian's boot was literally 12" away from dudes face. I'd like to see a straight ejection for that. That is just straight up weak ass, candy ass, bitch ass activity. You didn't even get touched, and you're acting like a 3 year old. Get f*cked.

In a lot of these cases the 4th official could review while the match moves on. If you get caught on tape blatantly diving, etc.....he tells the ref and dude's out.

ungwaha and Jedb like this.
  15. henry_carlson

thats a great point he should have been carded for simulation. i still dont think with a red card possibility they will clean it up, at the end of the day they will always ask for a foul and try to deceive to gain an edge especially in a final!