1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy vs. England

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Jul 11, 2021.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the point of loaning players to other teams, who covers the salary, etc.?

Is it like they want to control the destiny of a certain player, but don't have the roster space available or something?

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yes that pretty much sums it up. It's often used to give younger players game time at a senior level if loaned to a club in a lower division. Sometimes a player will go on loan to a club and they will have the option to buy at the end of the loan period, that's a good way to see if a player will fit in before spending money on them.

The salary is often splt 50/50 between the loaner and loanee.

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Clicked on this thread by mistake. I was thinking "wait a sec, when did Italy get a rugby team?"

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

PKs sure seems like the dumbest way to crown a champion.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It can be heartbreaking for sure. A terrible way to lose. But they've been sprinting around for two hours. Wrap it up.

6. code3ryder

Isn't that why you have substitutions? Hockey manages it. Maybe do what NHL does during regular season and pull a couple of dudes.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

For this tournament they got 5 substitutions for the game.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not sure I'm following. The NHL has shootouts after overtime?

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Only during the regular season, during the playoffs they play until someone scores.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh I didn't know that. How long has the longest game been? I imagine people would be dragging ass after awhile...

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So the regulation game is 60 minutes. Longest game was 116 minutes 30 seconds of overtime, so almost 6 additional periods

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Gah! Casual NYR fan. I knew that regulation was three 20 minute periods. Are they allowed substitutions in OT, replacing the line and so on? If so, not really comparable to soccer; you go out, you're out. What game was this, did anyone die of exhaustion?

rd400racer likes this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

why its completely even and very fair. make more than the other team and you win.
    this isnt hockey, they dont have the multiple lines of people to sit down and catch their breath while they play extra periods.

also yall seem to forget soccer is the most popular sport in the world, they dont need to change shit lol!

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was going to bring the hockey point up, but not about subs, rather the shootout.

Soccer shoot outs favor the player over the goalie too much. It shouldn't be that easy. Quick research shows that goals are scored 70% of the time in a soccer shoot out compared to 33% in hockey. That's too much in soccer. They need to push the line back to give the goalie a better chance.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yet England managed to miss 60% of their penalties last night.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll admit that I don't watch much soccer, but it seems when I do a shoot out occurs. That's the most goals I've ever seen given up out of five shots from both teams.

18. code3ryder

It's fair... it's just dumb.

Seems that they have enough people on the bench to run lines.

They don't need to change shit??? I disagree. They most certianly need more than 1 ref. They would catch so much more flopping if they had another ref that could make yellow/red card calls. To say that their sport is perfect while every other sport adapts to be better is kinda silly.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

They have 4 refs.
    Center Ref
    2 linesmen
    4th official that manages substitutions & team managers.

There's also the VAR (Video Assisted Referee/Review) that either overturns the call on the field if there's enough evidence to do so, or support the call by the referee if there's not enough to overturn it. There have been multiple instances where the ref made the call, then the VAR provided additional information to cause a Yellow or Red to be issued. The amount of shit the players get away with now is less compared to 3 years ago. That makes it 5+ refs in total.

Soccer's not about lines, nor sprinting. Indoor soccer's rules more closely mimic Hockey as that's more about lines and sprinting.

The sport's not for everyone, just like baseball isn't for everyone.

20. code3ryder

Hockey added another ref and the game improved and was called much better.

You're right, it isn't for everyone but if you can make some changes to improve it, why not?