1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It really WAS all about the oil.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:D :D :D I new it! Damn Canucks, can't hardlly tell em from a frog......:D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oil smoil, It was about easter Peeps.

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Gotta love our friends to the north. Gleefully critize us for being in it for the oil when they in fact are already there for the oil! ;) Guess they didn't want us taking their share! :D

5. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It wasn't about the oil. You buy more from Canada than from any other country. Including non-conventional reserves, Canada has more oil than Saudi Arabia.

6. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Mark Steyn's facts may be correct, which would explain why 3 Canadians would against the war (but not the other 15 million); Paul Desmarais Jr,Andre Desmarais, and Andre's wife (Cretien's daughter).

However the arguement is exposed as utter bullshit when one includes the fact that Prime Minister Cretien has repeatedly and publically stated that Canada would support any war authorized by the UN.

The author's pathetic attempt at shit-disturbing is indicative of the war-mongerers constant distortion of the facts.

7. wera176

While knowing full well that wasn't going to happen? :poke:
    I believe they call that an empty promise...

You are probably correct on the rest though... :)

8. Repo Man

Another vast, right wing conspiracy..... :Puke:

9. Due North

Nah, just another loser with a forum to spout the typical BS. Its a shame that people read that kind of tripe and take it as fact.

10. wera176

You're kinding, right? You mean the stuff on the BBS ain't fact? You mean there is stuff on the Internet that ain't fact? ;) (BTW, have you all thanked Mr. Gore for the Internet lately? ;) )

If Rush L. didn't say it, it ain't so, I guess! :Poke:

11. Repo Man

Ah, you mean Liberals..... :D

12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

what a pile of horse shit!

13. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

ditto!!

14. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

about the oil?

My son was there.

My neighbor is one of those who say's it was all about oil.
    I tell him;

"Would you tell the mother of someone who lost their child in the war that the reason he died was because of oil!!"

"Then shut the hell up and quit disrespecting our soldiers and sailors"

Really pisses him off!

Just tell the liberals they are unpatriotic, they hate that worse than being called liberals. It's fun!

15. Due North

How is it disrespecting soldiers and sailors by questioning the motives of politicians??

If it wasn't about the oil why is it that the US now wants the Security Council's approval to violate the articles of the Geneva Convention regarding the responsibilities of an occupying power?

16. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

*^%&*%$!!!!!!!

What psychic power do you have that allows you to read peoples mind to discover their motives.

Listen, my son had a shipmate KIA over there! You need to keep your opinions "Up North".

You have no standing to question whether my sons loyalty was misplaced. And you needn't say it to my face.

All three living generations of my family are decorated war veterans. We put up our right hand to defend the honor of our Country.

It is unwise to dishonor it in front of me.

And what is your problem, don't you have a life? You sit up at night worring about this shit. It ain't even about you.

You need to mind your own sissy-fied countries business little girl!

Radio Edit

17. wera176

In some circles, it implies their sacrifice was in vain or was misplaced. Remember the sh@t Vietnam vets were subjected to? Like they had a choice in the matter. It's really all about perception, eh?

Care to elborate? (Oh, I know you do! ;) )

18. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

It's about Terrorism!

We are officially at War! And it isn't about OIL!!!!!!

DoD Authorizes National Defense Service Medal for War on Terrorism

WASHINGTON, May 2, 2002 -- All service members, including Coast Guardsmen, who were on active and Selected Reserve duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001, are eligible to wear the National Defense Service Medal, defense officials announced May 1.

"The sacrifices and contributions made by the armed forces in direct response to the terrorism attacks on the United States and to the long-term resolution of terrorism merit special recognition," said Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz.

Members of the National Guard and Reserve may also be awarded the medal if they were on federal active and Selected Reserve duty on or after Sept. 11. Exceptions are if they were on active and Selected Reserve duty for training, on short tours of active and Selected Reserve duty to serve on boards, courts, commissions and the like, or on active and Selected Reserve duty solely to get a physical exam.

Service members previously have worn the National Defense Service Medal for duty in three distinct periods, starting with the Korean War era, defined as June 27, 1950, to July 27, 1954.

Executive Order 11265 authorized the secretary of defense to establish periods of eligibility after Dec. 31, 1960. The second period of eligibility was a loosely termed "Vietnam War era" of Jan. 1, 1961, to Aug. 14, 1974.

The medal was again authorized by a memorandum from the secretary of defense dated Feb. 20, 1991, for active and Selected Reserve service on or after Aug. 2, 1990 -- the beginning of Operation Desert Shield. The termination date was later set as Nov. 30, 1995.

No closing date has been established for this newest period. Eligible service members can receive and wear the award immediately. Those already awarded the medal for an earlier period will receive a bronze service star device to attach to the ribbon.

(Bronze Star, Bronze Oak Leaf)Gold and Silver Star attachments apply only to USN, USMC and USCG. Bronze and Silver Oak Leaf attachments apply only to Army and USAF.
    Established by President Eisenhower on April 22, 1953, the National Defense Service Medal indicates military service during a time of war or conflict regardless of the service member's station of duty.

19. Due North

Uhhh no. That would be questioning the motives of the servicemen and women. Its the politicians that decide when and where and why to go to war, the armed forces are the tool.

1) Occupying powers are forbidden from negotiating long-term financial contracts on behalf of occupied states.
    2) Occupying powers are obligated to vacate the country as quickly as possible.

There's much more at: http://www.asil.org/insights/insigh102.htm

20. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

So now my Son and the brave men who died in Iraq, and all those at rest in Arlington this Memorial Day are "Tools"

If I were running this forum, all past and present submissions of yours would be deleted, and you would be banned from further submmisions. You have no First Amendment protection as you are not an American citizen.

Sir, you should let this end here. The people of America have already decided what this war was about.

This is a sacred weekend in our Country for remembering our War Dead. It is a Non-Partisan Memorial observance. Your opinion is abhorant to everthing I beleive, but youv'e made it and you should let it be in respect of the millions who will visit National Cemetaries this weekend to plant a flag and say a prayer.

To my American Brothers and Sisters, this is a example of why we Honor our War Veterans;

Master Sgt. Roy P. Benavidez
    U.S. Army Special Forces

On May 2, 1968, Sgt. Benavidez dropped from a helicopter to assist a Special Forces team pinned down by the North Vietnamese Army. In reaching the team, he suffered multiple wounds to his leg, face and head. Despite his injuries Benavidez began carrying and dragging the wounded to a rescue helicopter. As the craft took off, he ran alongside providing cover fire. He then returned to retrieve vital documents from the dead team leader nearby.

At nearly the same moment, the pilot of the departing craft was suddenly killed, causing the helicopter to crash. Benavidez pulled the stunned survivors from the wreckage, formed a defensive perimeter and began calling in air strikes. A second helicopter was able to land, whereby he once again ferried the wounded for extraction.

By the time all were aboard, he was wounded several more times, once during hand-to-hand combat. In all, Benavidez suffered 28 wounds during his gallant fight that saved the lives of nine members of the team.

His Medal of Honor was presented February 24, 1981.