1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It’s suppose to be an expression not a real thing!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2021.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

that’s what I said to my coworkers. They get off on that shit

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

sounds like they might find a coffee table in the trunk when they get it home from the shop

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

they get off on that shit....sex toys..... you must be a dad with these jokes haha :D

BigBird likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

sorry I should have clarified... people who do shut like leave a bag of dildos in their cars for others to see

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Don't be judgemental. I'm sure they have a very good reason to keep a satchel of schlongs on hand. Perhaps they are extremely well prepared Boy Scouts.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are correct. I hired a guy that had good promise about a month ago. We chatted, I gave him my card and we went our separate ways.

3-4 days later he calls me up looking for a job, he was previously installing security cameras. Very presentable, fluent in English and Spanish, so we interviewed him. I had my office manager and sales manager interview him. We all decided he would make a good fit.

He has his basic mess ups, like many employees do when they don't get a lot of quality training, which unfortunately we don't provide a lot of. So I take some of those mistakes as my fault and don't hold it against the guy.

He is loading up some forklifts onto the tow truck out in the field. I had him start taking pictures each time, because I learned he wasn't always good or sharp enough to realize what I was teaching and be able to replicate it. Things like triangulating the chain down straps and having chains that pull both forward and backward on the forklift, etc.

This time he did all of that, but he didn't have a safety chain on. This is needed in case the winch cable becomes unlocked or breaks. I see the pictures and call him and he is already driving. I said, pull over, we need to fix something. He gets pissy and tells me to come up and load it myself, as he is sure it is correct and he drove it around already to test it out and then hangs up on me. In the old days I would have told him to wait and I would be right there and probably fired him when I arrived.

This time after he hung up on me for the 3rd time, I called him back and lost my cool and said if you would SHUT THE F..K UP I WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS WRONG AND HOW TO FIX IT. I know I shouldn't have lost my cool, but he didn't want to take direction, because after a few weeks on the job, he obviously knew everything.

Once I explained it was a safety issue and I'm tying to keep him from killing himself or anyone else and not lose my company he apologized. I apologized to for swearing and yelling, which rightly pissed him off and he went on and on about no one should talk that way to him, etc. Which he is right and I said no one should hang up on their boss when he is trying to tell them how to do something, either.

Since we are moving locations, he is getting plenty of practice loading up stuff. Well the next week, I tell him to load up some pallets and inventory racks onto the tow truck and transport them. He comes to get a pallet with loose stuff on it and I tell him that one should go in the back of my pickup versus the tow truck as it has loose stuff on it. I walk away to tend to my next project and I see him driving away from the pallet he already had loaded on the forklift. I whistle at him. He slows down and I ask him why isn't he taking that pallet into my truck, since it was already on the forks of the lift? He gets pissy again and says you keep changing things and whips over the forklift into a parking spot. I don't remember if he says anything else, but I tell him we are done and give me the keys.

All of a sudden he doesn't want to give me the keys and I keep asking for them. He says give me my check! I said I will after I get the keys. This goes on for what seemed like 10 minutes, but probably was a couple minutes. He gets mad and starts the classic, removing his jacket and a shirt like he is going to kick my a...

I'm almost 57 and he is 32 and works out. I figure he can kick my a.., but I won't go down easy. So I think if I get close to him the punches will probably hurt less, so as he is yelling and puffing out his chest, I walk right up to him and tell him if you want to throw down, go for it, but I will make sure I hurt you. So we are touching chests and noses at this point and we finally back off from each other.

He then tosses my keys about 50 feet away. So I get them and get his check and send him on his way.

First time I've ever almost been in a fight with an employee, it wasn't a fun experience. He then calls and texts about 20 times wanting me to give him another chance and he is sorry, etc.

Well that was my week!!!!

No dildo's in any forklifts yet?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    ToofPic, L8RSK8R, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  7. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I agree with Rob , have some fun

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I think you should mail that bag to RiTchie :beer:

cortezmachine likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Damn, sorry to hear that. What a shit show. I wouldn't last 10 minutes in that environment.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Tell that dickhole to go fuck himself all the way to unemployment.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had one driving one.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

man.

13. Boman Forklift

I can't disagree with you.

Before buying this place I worked in software with a computer science degree. Originally a programmer that migrated to sales, which for me was an excellent move. After 20 years I thought I really wanted to own my own deal. I didn't think I wanted to build it from scratch, so I started shopping and almost bought a motorcycle shop, since like many, here I love bikes.

Anyway, the difference between many white collar workers and blue collar workers was something I had not realized. My mom and dad were both blue collar. But at least they had a work ethic, as do my good employees that still work for me.

But many knuckleheads have given me plenty to write a book about. I unfortunately should have kept a diary, because the title would be from White to Blue!!!
    For your beeb knuckleheads I'm not talking about from White to Blue balls.:crackup:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

You hiring Rob?

15. Boman Forklift

Well he shouldn't really collect any unemployment from me, but who knows. They raise my unemployment rates every time I get a claim, but even though that sucks, it is better than hanging onto a loser.

I didn't realize, when I worked for the man, that my unemployment a business pays goes up based on how many claims, even from losers. I actually had a claim that I won, because the employee was insubordinate and then 6 months or a year later he gets paid by unemployment. I finally get a letter and try to fight it and they say, so sorry, too late for the claim denial, up go your rates. Now this is after I originally won against the same employee. They slam you with paperwork and then don't give a darn to common sense.

Good old liberal handouts....I guess I only won for a few months...they can choose to screw over the employer later.

16. Boman Forklift

Yes I am.

Well, in your case I know I like you, but no drinking on the job. :crackup:

Wish I could pay you enough to give up that Shitty Illinois weather and come sling wrenches out there. At least my dealership can still sell new propane trucks. LOLOLOL

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn! Chill out Karen! Unless that was your car, just relax and have a laugh like everyone else.

18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Damn Rob, that whole thing just solidifies that I don’t want to own my own business! I couldn’t handle all the idiots.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That's terrible,Mr Boman you just never can tell some people never mature, and are good at hiding it.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I can work remote for you from Atlanta. I can send screen shots of tools 'n shit.

jrsamples and BigBird like this.