1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this job candidate unqualified for the job?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gothicbeast, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think Geotechnical Egnineering is one of the most challenging practices there is. Theory alone gets you nowhere.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I understand that and agree to a point. I'm not 100% sure that theory would apply to this particular case.
    Anyone know what would be considered real world experience in this case?

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Balancing a checkbook?? :D

5. Sacko DougK

Shouldn't it be managing several checkbooks with a cumulative negative balance, yet each is still positive?

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well yeah... now that's the way it works. :D

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You guys keep yelling about throwing all the incumbents out...here we have someone who appears to me to not be part of the GOBC, and has an understanding of history so hopefully he could help prevent it from repeating itself....and still you complain.

I'm all for giving him a shot.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Good point.

9. Sacko DougK

Umm, Sen. Shelby and Gothic complained. We've just been talking about possible reasons why. You know, peanut gallery. Also, recent history peoves that kicking the GOBC out and replacing them with nothing but academia types does not work.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Normally yes but the current administration seems to have a fetish for academics and that has worked poorly. If we were practical application business heavy he might be a great addition but the number of Harvard freaks up there now is just stupid.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Maybe if the guy went to decent college I would support him but he went to MIT and that other shit school. :D

13. H8R

If this was brought up by someone from FOX News this would be a "bold move that bucks the status quo". Instead...you hate the current admin...and look at things from a particularly narrow point of view on regular basis.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yep, you sure do.

What does incumbent politicians have to do with the thread topic?

15. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

Wasn't that same argument made about a certain current POTUS that is doing a bit less than a bang up job for the country right now?

I am all for getting rid of the existing bunch of thieves and liars (i.e, ALL INCUMBENTS), but please can't we replace them with people that have HELD AN ACTUAL REAL JOB in the workforce at some point in their lives?

And as someone who went and got an MBA in Corporate Finance from a prominent university and then went on to do Corporate Finance in a pretty sizable corporation, I can tell you that the theory has very little to do with the actual application. What you learn in academia is the most basic of applications of financial theory that work perfectly in a perfect universe. What you learn doing the job is all the important stuff that shows you that although you need to understand the theory to apply it, you also need to experience the reality in the working world to see how that theory actually applies.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Who would you guys recommend for the job?
    Is there someone out there with a proven track record AND the educational experience?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well they went to a prominent university. What more can you ask?

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jiggy McStupidhead?

19. H8R

:crackup:

20. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

He's still wrapping up that law/dental/home economics degree. No time. ;)