1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is JB Weld fuel proof?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tank Boy, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I have a leaky, rusty tank I am trying to get a few more years of life out of.

A previous owner (Jack :p) had braised up the tank, but I don't want to use heat because I'm afraid it might "cook" the kreem lining on the insides.

TIA

2. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Yep. I used to endurance race with a guy who had an EX500 composed largely of JB Weld, including the tank.

3. Tank Boy

:cool:

Thanks man!

4. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

James,

There is also a gas-tank specific bonding compound that comes in a putty form in a small plastic cylinder. I think I got it at the local AutoZone. I've used it to patch pinhole leaks in the tank of a Triumph Spitfire.

Trent

5. Tank Boy

Well the holy tank is now caked in JB Weld so you're a litttle late. Thanks anyway. I'll keep that in mind if I need to do another or the JB fails on this on.
    :)

6. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Dang, you're a fast worker. I usually procrastinate for weeks on jobs like this :)

7. Tank Boy

Its the wife's custom painted tank and my shop is too small and filled with too many other projects for (yet another) deadlined bike to be cluttering up space...