1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me, or does Unique Whips destroy every car they modify?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I've liked most of what Foose has done.

I question all of these shows that get it done on a timeline. (Cars, houses, whatever)

I'd like to know if they come back and finish up what's left undone, because if you look closely, there's always something that won't hold up to close scrutiny.

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I saw the Lincoln Continental Unique built for Byron Leftwich up close. needless to say everything had to be redone! I would be embarassed if our shop built a car like that. I should've taken pics.

The best is the "color matched" spray can jobs. Uniques a joke

the cars on Overhaulin are 50 foot beauties any closer and you'll see the bodywork. Looked at a few at SEMA few years back

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense given the time they have.

4. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

My favorite part about Pimp my ride is how they take a car that is rusted out, burning oil, and won't start- paint it, put 28's on it, redo the interior and don't touch the motor...

5. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

http://www.internetsalespartner.com/67chipfoosecharger.html

Chip Foose is way better than those jokers on " Whimps " . I would not let that shop change my oil ...

6. b-sav

b-sav Well-Known Member

I hope that Charger started out as an old rusted out POS, because if that abortion was done to an otherwise beautiful car, well :Puke:

I don't watch any of those "vehicle pimping" shows though.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Chip Foose doesn't belong in this thread. Overhaulin is tv stuff, not what the man is known for nor what he became famous for. The Whimps and Pimps crowd couldn't handle a week in Chip's real shop.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very true. The show cars are not indicative of a real Foose custom other than the design itself. Still like the show when I catch it but not enough to record it.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I like that Charger. :up:

They had a little car show over the weekend here in this little town I live in. There was an older Nova... late 60s I think that was one of the neatest most unique customs I've ever seen. Looked a lot like something Foose would do except the paint scheme was very basic... silver. The engine and engine compartment was very neatly laid out. Wish I would have had a camera with me. :up:

10. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I agree I wasn't knocking Chip. He does awesome work and is really cool to talk to.

With the time frame they do those cars in i'm sure the customer knows there will be flaws.

11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Dayum :eek:!!

:crackup:

12. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I agree. I've often thought about that myself, what do those cars look like now.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just watched it for the first time in awhile. Holy sh@t! They're rattle can painting the dash. Lambo doors on a dodge magnum wagon!

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Speed : Racing :: MTV : Music

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes.

16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'd rather jack off with a handful of gravel than watch that show a second time.