1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me, or does Unique Whips destroy every car they modify?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

What a bunch of tasteless f&%#s.

Why is this show occupying space on Speed TV?:down:

2. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

Don't even get me started . . . of course, you have to look at the clientele. That's all I'm sayin!

3. 7-FITTY

7-FITTY Well-Known Member

+1... dont care for the boss either castro guy :down:

4. WFOchris

WFOchris Custom User Title

My favorite is when they remove the dash from a $100,000 car, proceed to take it outside and lay it on a sawhorse, and spray paint it.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That crew could fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet.

6. Will Castro is a douche but he made his own way, better respect that! The guys he employs are skilled but sketchy but he keeps them working - you gotta problem wid dat? Ever had to keep a bunch of douchebags working hard on a time limit? I have. He's rough but it works cause there's just enough touch. If I had a killer ride, he's top man for my cool conversion - he has mad skill professional men - I have several expensive cars - if I pimp them - he's doing it w/Remy

7. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

What part of Unique Whips has to do with Speed? Remember back when Speed showed a lot more racing than reality shows?

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Douchebags building douchebag cars for a douchebag audience. Now they have a tow truck show on there WTF is that all about? I just let the tivo filter the good stuff for me that way I never have to actually turn on the speed chanel. Let's hope that HDT doesn't go that way.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Remy quit last year. So did Chet.

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

10. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I heard a story somewhere on the interwebs (so take it for what its worth) that someone got a hold of one of the cars they worked on and it was assembled like shit with duct tape and cheap angle brackets. Sounds kinda like Orange County Choppers where they pull a bunch of stuff of the shelf and then weld on a bunch of trinkets.

11. theTank

Power to Castro for what he has accomplished. I just don't find his work attractive. What they call "characters" is what professional business owners/managers call "unemployable".

I find the older I get, the more agree with Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.

Big Chrome rims make you look like a "wannabe pimp"

Flames make you look like a "hick"

Overdone spoilers, and body kits absolutely ruin the lines of an otherwise
    tastefully designed car. Not to mention how stupid it looks to a racer.

You know, the ones who go fast enough to actually benefit from such a spoiler/body kit combo!

Add in the oversized rims with stock sized brake rotors, and you have completed the "idiot" look these kids go for.

Then, you take the entire package, glorify it on TV, and you have successfully completed the downfall of western civilization!

Yeah, you go Castro! :rolleyes:

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I completely agree...ruining cars left and right.

13. theTank

Personally, I would love to see "Pimp My Ride" revisited.

All those fancy cars they built for these loser kids with a minimum wage job, and even lower IQ's.

They should show the condition of those cars "six months later". I'd pay to see what
    that car with the aquarium built into it looks like!

14. Shadow

Shadow Well-Known Member

+1

most of what I have seen looks like shit.. oh well, it not ever gonna be my money doing it..

and I would love to see the car with the aquarium in it now too..:crackup:

15. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

What the heck is a whip anyway?

We called it a car, ride, wheels etc in my hood.

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

It is such a stupid show, I hate how they mess up cars.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

they ruin cars, i'd love to see the wiring jobs up close

18. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:crackup:

That one I have to remember!

:beer:

19. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

The first generation Charger Chip Foose and his wreckin' crew "Overhauled" on TV has been for sale for months in the various Trader magazines. That car was supposedly the owner's pride & joy & what CF did to it was a CF. It was listed for $115,000 the last time I saw it in a 'For Sale' magazine. Pretty sad.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Charger was the kids dads pride and joy - you could tell he didn't give a crap on the show. He had it for sale almost before it was finished. I actually liked what Foose did with it and I've got a stock 66 sitting in the garage.