1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone Q.. cause this place has all the answers!!

Discussion in 'General' started by vince69007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

so i upgraded to an iphone 4, so i have 1 3g that i want to give to a friend, how do i unlock it from virgin mobile so they can use it on rogers? searched around the www and lots of pages of places to buy a program. can it be done for free?

is it possible to disable the 911/emergency call feature so that i can turn the other one into an ipod for the kids???

2. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

have you called virgin canada? they should be able to unlock it for you.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes, Jailbreak the phone and then you can carrier unlock it. Relatively easy to do and I've had my phone Jailbroken for quite some time now, the latest jailbreak is pretty stable and big free.

4. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

what firmware is on the phone?
    should be located in the phone info settings.

Knowing that youtube jailbreak iphone "fireware XXX" and you should find a video. You dont need to purchase anything

as for the emergency dialing i think all phones are required to have it regardless if a sim card is in place or not so doubt it

5. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

thanks guys. i will have to go the jailbreak route. and maybe keep the other one out of the 3yr olds hands LoL.

6. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

7. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

jailbreaking now.. thanks again!!

the give away phone, my buddy said to no worry about it he will take care of it. so now im gonna turn this one into an ipod.

8. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Jailbreaking does NOT always unlock the phone. Be sure to know which jailbreak you are using first.

You don't have to worry about emergency dialing on the other phone if the service to it has been turned off.

9. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

whats the latest and greatest jb? Im using an old tetherd redsnow version and it is always messin up on me.