1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invitation for GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by gholcomb, Sep 17, 2002.

1. gholcomb

gholcomb Member

Hey,
    Does anyone know how many points/races are required to get an invitation to the GNF? If one does well, is one round enough?

Thanks,
    -Gus Holcomb

2. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

top 10 in points in regional classes.. so if your the only one in the class or 10 or less people you are set :D

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Top 15 in region.

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

The top 15 invite is only for the Sportsman classes. If you ran at least 1 National during the season you will get an invite for the National races you ran in as well. That includes endurance.

5. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Just like the rule book states.. Hummm goes to wonder if anyone even reads the thing...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2002
  6. gholcomb

gholcomb Member

Just for clarification, i'm not really up on my WERA nomenclature. If I ran the middleweight expert solo 16 this weekend at VIR, i'd be participating in a national round, so i'd get an invite, correct?

-Gus Holcomb

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

No, this weekend at VIR is not a national round.

8. gholcomb

gholcomb Member

damnit, how about a vintage bike? =)

The schedule clearly calls that a national series....

-Gus Holcomb

9. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Solo 20's are cash races and no points or trophies are awarded. There are no Solo 20's at the GNF or National rounds. They're a regional thing only.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Sooooooo....since I ran a National back in June at TGPR in 600SB & 600SS then I would qualify for the GNF invite--right ? if so I must run the National 600SB & 600SS races--right? no Sportsman races....

:confused: sorry 1st year but I guess you already knew that:D

11. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

Correct.
    Correct.
    Correct.
    :D

12. roy826ex

Thanks Robeyracer:) I thought I read the rulebook right........

13. Elmolito

Elmolito Well-Known Member

Perhaps Mr. Holcomb should consider the ROC instead...he can get in with his Loudon results on that GSX-R600 that replaced his RS250 and TZ250.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His Loudon results actually wouldn't matter since you don't need an invite to run the ROC.

15. gholcomb

gholcomb Member

I am running the ROC. I was just trying to figure out how to make the Suzuki Cup race worth attending. If I can't run any WERA classes, the track time would be so limited as to make it not really worth it...

Although, perhaps this is what the GNF invite rules are all about. Keeping the Suzuki Cup guys out of the WERA championships. =)

Understandable, but still unfortunate for guys like me who have never been to RA.

-Gus Holcomb

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Do they mail an invite out to you or are you just supposed to know?? This is my 1st year also, and I'm pretty sure I made it, but it would be kinda cool to get an official thing in the mail...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll mail out the invites once the regular season is done (we still have races at Putnam Park and VIR this weekend) to everyone but the Endurance teams.

Gus - sorry but you are partially right. The GNF stuff is for the racers who have been running all season. Kind of like the Olympics for WERA. You should be able to get decent track time between the practice day and practice every morning. The schedule just went onto the GNF page.

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Sean,

do i understand correctly that even if you dont have a race that day, we can still go out and practice each day with the group we'll be racing with??

19. roy826ex

Yes I would like to know the answer too since both my races will be on Sunday but we will be there friday & saturday also. I would be interested in practice time on Saturday morning.

Also if I am in both 600SS & 750SS do I get to practice with the 750's too ?:confused:

TIA

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes as long as you have a race later in the weekend. We do frown on people sticking aorund after there done and filling up practice for riders who still have races to run.