1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermot 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Oct 4, 2016.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Only way to get a real HP winner is to get all the bikes on the same dyno and do a comparison, and I'll be waiting for Road Racing World to provide that comparison when they have the time for it.

Honda and Suzuki definitely gave themselves better base platforms to build on to be more competitive in WSBK.

That being said, I'm still very very glad I just picked up my track day prepped R1. Only thing it's missing is the auto-shifter, and I can add that later if I want.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, realistically the HP number most people on here would be concerned with is rear wheel, with at least slip on of some sort since most catalyzer boxes won't come close to fitting inside a race bellypan, and more than likely an ECU flash to remove any restrictions.

Occasionally the magazines actually test THIS ^^^ hp number in some kind of a follow-up test/shootout after the initial ones that are overseen by the manufacturers representatives.

3. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Right. Is there a front wheel horsepower number?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I guess it depends on the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

With certain ohlins fwd systems, yes.

6. I'm not sure where those figures are coming from. If you are seeing 165-170 out of a new R1 and ZX, then it must be heavily restricted and on a very conservative dyno.

I've personally seen those bikes at 185-190, and over 190 with an exhaust and good dyno tune. This is at the wheel.

Honda says the new CBR gained 11hp over the old one. Which means it will be around 170-173 at the wheel. Which is way behind the BMW, ZX, R1, and Panigale.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Didn't Honda try to get in on the HP game with the 08 and ended up with a pr nightmare over the oil burning issue? How much money do you think it cost them fire-saling all those bikes AND having to give away free warranties? I bet they're playing it safe with this one. I'm sure they've given it the parts to make 200+HP so their racers can be competitive within the rules, but the production bikes will be detuned/restricted enough that they won't have the reliability issues the last one did.

8. Hopefully that is the case, and the CBR will gain 25hp from a flash, fuel exhaust, and dyno tune.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

9. I do love the fact that we are getting more and more options (race homologation specials).

I just wish they would become easily avaliable, rather than making the minimum 500 of them that is required.

I also wish those RR specials would make their way to the 600s.

bored&stroked likes this.
  10. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

It'll probably gain that with a flash, exhaust, and HRC kits.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You mean like a CBR600RR-R!!! yeah me too!!!

bored&stroked likes this.
  12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

^ that's actually a good thing. If the whole cat is in the can, all you need is a slip on

unless you live in California. In that case, well you're fucked

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I'm going from memory but I'm pretty sure in 08 (and maybe again in 09) the CBR won the liter bike shoot out in RRW and it did not make the most HP.

15. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Keep in mind hp numbers from Honda, suz,yam are heavily restricted because they are stock! Putting pipe and tune on is not stock.

16. Thanks for that, I had no idea those bikes were restricted.

17. :crackup:

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....and not just because the cat isn't in the can :crackup:

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huh?

[​IMG]

dsmitty37 and stk0308 like this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well actually in the case of the R1 and the Honda they are restricted electronically from an ECU perspective. An exhaust would be more of a physical restriction by comparison. In the case of the R1 when you give it full stick the throttle bodies don't open all the way on the top end as you can see by the stock and reflashed ECU runs on the dyno. http://www.danosperformance.com/2015_R1_ecu_flash_data_web.jpg

In the case of the Honda I believe (and I could be wrong on the method) but I think it's a ignition timing retard on the top end. Notice when it hits 10K rpm it stops and goes flat.

That's why Bazzaz for instance made the Zbomb to remove that ignition retard and you can see how it levels out the power curve http://bazzaz.net/images/Z-Bomb-1000-Graph-web.jpg

Having said that, to my knowledge, Suzuki has never employed ECU restrictions to that great an extent in the 1000 as of yet. Possibly they will be in the 2017 model 1000 for Euro4 compliance?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    WANABE RACER likes this.