1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insurance question

Discussion in 'General' started by hoyle, Oct 22, 2003.

1. hoyle

hoyle Well-Known Member

I would like to have theft insurance on my track bike but don't know how to get it without having the bike registered. In NY, I believe that registration is a requirement for insurance and also I don't think they allow to just have theft without liability.

What are you guys doing for insurance?

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

See if it can be covered under your vehicle's policy. If it's stolen at your house it should be covered under your renter or home owner's policy.

3. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Maybe. But I don't see how you can get around (taxes)
    registering the bike. If always in you garage, then its
    stolen, maybe they would cover it. But what
    if it IS NOT in the garage and its stolen? Would they
    cover it. . . . tuff call. Good luck.

4. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

That's actually not true. At least with Allstate it isn't. I even asked about getting a rider on the policy and they told me since I could get a distinct seperate policy for (i.e. motorcycle insurance, car insurance) it's not covered.

Mary

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Home owners will not cover anything with a VIN and a lot of other stuff that is listed in your policy.

Odd they won't insure it without being registered, I've always gotten insurance before registering my street stuff and they've never once asked about it - that's been through Progressive and just comprehensive (fire theft).

Do a search on the BBS for insurance and look for a company in the posts form Louisville I think (Acme maybe??), anyway, they can set you up with an off track and storage policy for all your race gear through K&K which is the same ocmpany that insures all of WERA's stuff.

6. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Yup, K & K looked like a good deal. They covered the bike as long as it wasn't moving under its own power. They are familiar with motorsports, as there is also a place to list spare parts, motors, trailers, tools etc....

www.kandkinsurance.com

Don