1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Informal Spec Racing...WERA V Style...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by (diet)DrThunder, Feb 16, 2005.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

2. ring ding

ring ding Well-Known Member

spec racing wera vintage style

The subject was spec racing wera vintage style, Form RD is the most recent example, in wera vintage.

From what I see you guys riding, thread starter, Ducnut, and what your proposing, you nothing but modern bike riding squids anyhow.

"WHAAAAAA, get of my thread", next time be more specific about your subject, before you accuse anyone of whinning.

:cool: FUCK IT, I think I am going to have that tatooed on my forehead!

Richard Lucas

3. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

You better get real used to it being in front of you .:) your buddy

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: spec racing wera vintage style

For fuck sakes just get out an ride. Look at V7.....Its run what ya brung. crybabies need not apply. So if you feel that your skillz are past that of your RD...well maybe you need to get another bike that better fits your skill level {tri-cycle is the first thing that came to my mind} I just think you suck an wanna blame everyone else for your inablity to ride

BTW....I remember watching my dad during the late 60s carve gaskets out of old pizzia boxes for his BSA Goldstar and our basement only had 1 light bulb.......so fuck off richard

:beer:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Ouch! You had to bring that back up didn't ya? That dude had at least 30 lbs on me for real.

6. ring ding

IDIOT SQUIDS DONT KNOW MEANING OF SPEC CLASS

Hey Ducnutsquidly, I am not the one proposing to make roadracers out of old motocross bikes.

This thread should have been called, Idiot squids want to make vintage spec roadracers out of motocross bikes.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: IDIOT SQUIDS DONT KNOW MEANING OF SPEC CLASS

Or it could be called

"Old slow Nerds on RDs that couldnt ride fast on Rossis R1"

or

I had to much beer an I know I am great...but my bike sucks

or

I am a giant dingus that thinks everyone should ride RDs

or

I couldnt win a race no matter what i ride so I am gonna blame the bike

:beer:

8. (diet)DrThunder

Re: IDIOT SQUIDS DONT KNOW MEANING OF SPEC CLASS

Yes, that is exactly what it should have been called. Oh, by the way, read the title asshat...it says 'INFORMAL.'

Alternately, maybe I should have called it "Idiot squids who don't take themselves waaaay too seriously who are more interested in having a good time than worrying about bullshit that nobody cares about."

You read my first post. If you couldn't figure out that the subject had nothing to do with official Vintage (note the cap. "C") racing, and had everything to do with people getting together to very cheaply have fun, then that's your fucking problem.

Go kick your dog or something.

Cripes.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

OK, before you get to carried away. What class will this race take place during? If you go 80cc you can run it in the mini's. If you wat 125cc you better go 4 stroke.

BTW, can I use my wife's TTR 125? Or can I use my DS 80?

10. (diet)DrThunder

<sigh>

It doesnt' MATTER what class it's in...you're only racing against the other guys who are doing the same thing.

11. stickboy274

I understand and agree to the terms, but it still has to fit into some class or they won't let any of them enter.

You don't want to show up with a buch of kewl bikes to look at while the rest of the folks race do you?

Now, will they be allowed into the motard or clubman class?

12. (diet)DrThunder

It's easily clubman legal...motard too.

13. stickboy274

As long as there isn't a min. to worry about. Of course, you could bring them over here. We can do some laps around the mini (sand) dirt track, then run some laps around the boys (mini) enduro course.

They are both one lane right now, but I'm sure some malted beverages and a group of big guys on little bikes could fix that.

14. (diet)DrThunder

It's also V5 legal lol...

15. stickboy274

Oh great, now if I can buy a piston kit for less than $50 and I know I can get the boring done for less that $50.............

Sorry, I had to do it.

16. ring ding

Hey, Ducnut

Actually, last year I won 100% of the races I entered. It was also the only race I entered last year, but dont worry, I have won my share in the past.

Sincerly, one asshole to another.

17. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

In order for it to be a race dont you have to have more than one bike....:Poke:

:beer: :beer:

18. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

I suggest everybody just get a mini and we'll pack so many little bikes on those mini grids that WERA will have their hands full tryin' to figure out what to do with us. It's cheap, fun, runs Saturday and Sunday, and it's already happenin' so join in. Dave, you can ride your FZR since everybody thinks you're on a YSR anyway.:Poke:

19. (diet)DrThunder

Have at it..I'm not mini-racing.

I'm hereby giving up on the idea I originally posted about...(no not cuz of your post Tim :)). The ratio of "wow what fun" to "WAAAWAAAWAAAA" is entirely unsatisfactory.

I am definitely glad I got to experience this thread and many others on this forum now, as I was considering building an H1-R over next winter, but after hanging out on the V forum for a while, I think I'll steer clear.

20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

well fine then..........:D but i'm still bringin a xs650 to the v3 & v4
    dance.i can't help it has the "optional factory" twingle engine with 58hp and 88 lb/ft torque.:p i may be able to keep up with tim.:beer: