1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Informal Spec Racing...WERA V Style...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by (diet)DrThunder, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

My weight plus bike means everyone else has to figure out how to add 100lbs of lead to their bikes.lol
    Eboz

2. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

naw man, that was aaron's deal above:D

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Bike rider combo

I started the year over 220#, so I don't need too much lead in the saddle bags.

I still like the idea of a pack of big guys on pint size bikes............kinda like a circus freak show. All the metrakit kids can throw peanuts at us as they lap us.

:Pop:

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Dennis only has to add 8lbs

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Keep stock exhaust..........that's good for 8 pounds.......and saves money to race prep too! Sweet this class sounds better all the time.

:up:

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Heehee...ya I suppose so, but there is a central idea here that some folks werent' getting...plainly put, the idea is to get a dirt cheap piece of crap bike, get your friends to get the same bike, and race against each other.

Oh, and the other part is that it should be a bike that people don't already race on purpose...at least for the most part (we all know about the blazing fast GS450 running around :) ).

7. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

XS sounds good to me....

[​IMG]

8. (diet)DrThunder

Ya, that's exactly the kind of piece of crap I was talking about lol...

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

now we're talkin brutha !!!!!!!!!!:D

10. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Thats a shame you don't bring that turd to the track.:)

11. ring ding

ring ding Well-Known Member

Dropping Form Rd is the main reason for the lack o entry woes you are currently experiencing.

And historically RD's were raced in the past more than any of the other bikes listed, espeacially stinking gs 450's

And my rd 400 which is a true form rd spec bike has been together since 99, same crank, same bores, second set of pistons, and it is still capable of winning.

Bring back form rd and form 500 will also have more bikes.

Then and only then will this rider be back. And that goes for many others.

Richard Lucas

12. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

spec class

Welp
    Spec racing starts out inocent enough but if solid ground rules are not laid out....well you will get guys showing up with 40 foot trailers an 10000 dollar gs450s. so to limit engine mods you can either go with a restrictor plate or a comprssion rule. stock suspension, stock gear ratio, stock pipe, an dont forget a front bumper

I vote for a restrictor plate

:beer:

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I think Duc just said he plans on cheating.:Poke: Him and his big ass trailer.

Restrictor plate?! You would, don't ya'll own all the plans to make those things work?

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Its all in how you tilt your head.....really ;)

15. stickboy274

As long as ya'll know what to do. I'm the one and only Mikey W. fan. I need him to do something this year.

16. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

welp

I heard they made 3 Mikey/Napa hats this year an there were only 2 fans...so I will be sure to bring that 3rd hat to you at VIR

17. (diet)DrThunder

Re: spec class

...again with the point-missing...buddies, crap bikes, goofy mods, ride. To spend real $$ on the bike is directly counter to the point.

Ok, never mind...I hereby retract my idea. Carry on.

18. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Re: spec class

Sorry Dave but there is no way i could race something stock. With my limited talent I must bandaid the bike with anything i can just to keep up so with out rules in place I know I would end up with some billet 600hp gs450 that still wouldnt keep up with the T-bone group...an god only knows what monster morph bike those guys would bring

Sorry to ruin your class

Aaron

19. stickboy274

Dave, don't take your ball and bat home yet. It could still be fun.

20. (diet)DrThunder

Hey Stick, I didn't mean that I wouldn't do it...I just wasn't getting a sense that there was much interest is all. If a couple guys want to get together and pick some ond crapper bike, make up some quick-n-dirty rules to add to the challenge (see below) I'll do it.

Example guidelines I have been thinking about...

1. We pick a bike...whatever it is, you have to race the same generation/model.

2. Honor system on mods: if you don't already have it, can't make it, and you can't buy it on Ebay or at the junk yard or whatever for under $50, you can't do/use it.

3. No aftermarket engine internals.

Something like that anyway...