1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on Yukons/Suburbans

Discussion in 'General' started by Trent, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Looking for some good websites relating to Yukons/Suburbans. Also, is there any difference between the two? Anyone have good experiences or horror stories?

TIA - td

2. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

My dad has had a Suburban, a Yukon (short version) and a newer model Suburban (very cool, the runners extend from under the vehicle when you open the door, etc) and all of them are doing very well. My sister has one that has needed only breaks and a new battery over the 5 years she's owned it, and she bought it used. My Uncle had an old suburban that ran forever, and one of my goon band mates has an old Tahoe that just quit running at 380k miles; and his "maintenance routine" is non-existant.

I'd buy one if you can afford the gas.

3. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

They're the exact same car... cept ones a GMC the others a Chevy... yukon XL = suburban Yukon = Tahoe

when u get to the 2500 series, there are some difference in engne and tranny options, however...

My moms has 2 of each with very little problems...

If u plan on carrying anyone in the backseat over... and im not kidding... 4 foot tall... its gonna be cramped... the rear seats in those things after 2005 are an effing joke.

Nice to tow with, never had a problem pulling a 14x7 with 3 bikes and all the gear inside... not bad on gas either for a big 6.0/5.3L gasoline motor depending on year...

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Bought a Yukon XL about a week ago. The only real difference is in the options. Suburbans on the lot are more likely to come with base level options where the Yukons will typically have things like leather and bucket seats. There's some overlap, but typically if you want something all loaded up get a Yukon. If you're looking for base functionality and not much more go for a suburban or tahoe.

One cool thing standard on most of them now is the flex V8 that cuts to 4 cylidners when not under load. Improves mileage a good bit.

The only downside is the suburban / Yukon XLs are hard to find with 4wd.

I traded in a Tahoe Z71 that we had no problems with. It was an '04 with 70k miles on it.

5. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Thanks for the info - seems pretty encouraging. I'm looking at around 2001 through 2004 or so.

I live less than a half mile from work and drive about 60 miles per week so I'm not too concerned about feeding it. :)

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

If you are interested I have a champange color Z71 Tahoe I am thinking about getting rid of. PM if you want pics