1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're doing it. Dan Weldon and Justin Wilson (the latest casualties) among others, would probably be here with this new shield.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I remember when men had their whole neck exposed in an open wheeler and sat on the gas tank. :D

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I absolutely hated the rear wheel pods and assumed they should just go to prototypes at that point, but the racing with this new car has been amazing. As long as there's Indianapolis, the oval part of the calendar won't go away and we saw with CART how an absolutely amazing road racing series ends up in the shitter when there's an oval series full of dentists to watch instead. If the shield helps the best racers commit to IndyCar then so be it.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

With a leather hat for a helmet!

My first thought was when AJ Foyt jumped out of his car and helped the pit crew during a pit stop.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hinch is reportedly being dumped by McClaren, pretty shitty move this late in the year when all of the good seats are taken. I’m sure he could have jumped ship when the takeover was announced but he stayed loyal.

6. Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens Member

Heard that Rahal has been trying to sign him and keep him in the Honda lineup. Also heard he was torn because he is the Honda spokesman for IndyCar. I have a hard time believing the 2 that they signed is better than Hinch.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

There was a time when the best in the world also had to run 1 mile dirt ovals as well as paved ovals and road courses to win the championship. That was when real men drove real race cars.

Razr likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

Yeah and baseball bats were metal and football players didn’t wear helmets and Davek used to be nice yada yada yada. Now get off my lawn and focus on keeping this thread on track

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Looks like Hinch might be out at SPM, Ericsson went to Ganassi. Looks like McLaren is taking over that team. Hinch could end up at Rahal/Letterman.

10. fastedyamaha

that’s shocking news :crackup:

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I read that Mclaren and HinchclifFe wouldn't be working together, anybody heard about it?

12. fastedyamaha

Nope

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The word Hate/Honda/McLaren runs deep. It's a shame they couldn't keep Hinch, he knows how to setup a car.

14. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Wait. Are you saying Hinch got dropped from whatever-the-fuck that team is called now??

15. fastedyamaha

yes that’s what I stated yesterday.

16. Joe Remi

I don't believe it.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

18. Joe Remi

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ok if you say so.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He'll still get his pay for 2020, and he's still has the Honda contract, if he goes to a Honda team, he'll get that money also.

McLaren signed Patricio O'ward and Oliver Askew as their drivers. Both are Indy Lights Champs. I'll bet they came cheaper than Hinch and Ericsson.