1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In support of Scott Layman

Discussion in 'General' started by Mike Dillon, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

I’d like to say that the Scott Layman is probably the kindest and most genial member of a wonderful and generous family. I am proud to consider him my friend. I am disappointed to see fellow racers jump on one of their own with such apparent pleasure. Perhaps it is only that I can not seem to get my little brain around that fact that negativity is often the denominator of a BBS.

Scott is one of us. The only person who should be ashamed is one who so quickly and enthusiastically forgets that. There may be a lot more to the story. Perhaps we could have been a bit slower to condemn the character of one of our own.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Based upon what I have read about the situation? Not really.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If he's your friend, call him up and have him post here to explain his side. There seems to be a lot of damning evidence against him.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole Layman family is great nice people - but that doesn't change what happened.

I'd also like to say that I did close the other thread so this wouldn't continue....

5. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

I understand your logic. Perhaps you should close this one also. See you next weekend.
    --Dillon

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

This community is primarily made up of grassroots racers and those that enjoy and closely follow the sport. One of great traits about this, and similar, organizations is the commraderie and support of others that pour their heart, soul, and hard-earned money (in most cases money they don't have) into the sport. There are rules in the sport in which, regardless of your opinions behind them, all competitors must abide. When someone displays poor sportsmanship by breaking the rules to gain a competitive edge, it should be an understandable reaction from others in and around the sport to look down on him/her. I don't recall anyone saying anything that disputes your claims about him as a person, but, rules are in place and he broke them. If he can prove he didn't break the rules, then he should appeal the decision and have his results reinstated.

7. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

Now there ya go, all makin sense and stuff.

Why I outta.

:up:

8. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Scott did this crap to himself and he will be called a cheater for years , thats something he is going to have to deal with !! If he is soooo nice why did he do it ??? He had to know that this would happen or he is a complete dumbass.
    If He comes out and tells his side of the story only 75% of people will still think he is an ass unlike the 95% now!!

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

You cant burn the community you call friends and expect for all to be forgotten. If you steal from this very small community, be that parts, money, or results, it is going to be very hard to make everybody forgive and forget.

The worst part is this is not one that could ever be chocked up to an "honest mistake" as it was intentional from the get go.

Boo.

10. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

I havent been on here for a while can someone fill me in on what Scott did? I have raced all three of the Laymans for the past couple of seasons and never would think any of them would do anything not on the up and up.:confused: :

11. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

what's this thread? CHERRY PICKERS UNITE? mr.ama flat tracker ex-pro.:Pop:

12. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

All right I found the search function...

Scott what were you thinking? Its not his first rodeo he should know the rules.:tut:

13. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Scott Layman's a witch! Burn him! Burn him!

Just kidding... kidding... really folks, just joking.

14. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...ouch...

15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

:stupid:

16. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

last i checked, dillon's flat track pro days were over 11 years ago.:wow:

17. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

so i guess that means he has'nt raced(ridden) in 11 years? i find that hard to believe.:tut:

18. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I'm not judging Scott,'cause I don't know him.But,I will judge his actions,and he knows the rules.

19. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

that's not i'm implying at all.dillon is an instructor for cornerspeed and gets tons o' track time.that is an advantage(if i remember correctly). and i'm pretty sure we all joined wera and had to run novice for the first year.exactly fair,maybe not.is it the rules,yup..in black and white.and i'm not trying to stir the whole cherry picker basket.we could pick apart tons of riders all day.btw,dillon is expert now and we will see what salt he is worth.

20. vdub18t

vdub18t #97

I really don't see what the big deal is. Ok he's an expert in another organization. Ok he is "cherry-picking". But so what. If he wants to win wood, let him win wood. It just gives novices something to shoot for in trying to better their times---as a novice.

Just my 2 pennies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.