1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search of Thermosman

Discussion in 'General' started by TNT451, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's really funny is I'm calling someone on acting like an ass - am I not supposed to do that? I should continue to let them act that way on WERA's BBS? Why is it that they can say whatever they like and I can't?

Either way it's a moot point. Since I'm such a prick for trying to tell people to not act like assholes I'm just going to be nuking them and their threads from here on out. Maybe then I'll be giving all sorts of cheery first impressions.

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Hmm...

...ya, actually, I'm pretty sure it is.

:p

3. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are, now dat's funny right der!

4. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:( You know, unlike you passing judgement on a situation without any of the background info.

Passing judgement? Huh? I don't know if that is what I would call it....

My point with the post was from the outside looking in..you obviously have a position with WERA that others here don't.

So if I am new and reading about stuff you don't like about a situation....any situation for that matter...it may just reflect back on WERA as an organization.

Really, the guys mentioned racers here(everywhere?)being stuck up whining(spelled it right:p )little bitches!!!

I have been a fan of racing for many years...and finally can be in a position to afford the track myself. Intensity is one thing..but most people I meet affiliated in any way w/ racing acts like an asshole!

So :beer: to you...since I don't know you....but I still question my thoughts on joining the racing "buddies" organization!

5. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

I didn't want to respond to any of this, but I had to give some feedback on my experiences. Max has set up 5 bikes for me, and every single one of them handled great. Also he has always been there to answer questions, and has always given good advice. Not to mention, when I started racing he never judged how fast or slow I was at that time, he only tried to give me advice on how to go quicker.
    My team mate wanted to give Mike a try so he sent is forks to Thermosman and bought an Ohlin's rear from him as well. He spent some extra money with him with the thought that Mike would help him out at last years GNF. After the first day at the GNF he walked over to Mike and asked some questions. Mike did give limited advice, but williness to help was just not there. He also felt it necessary to tell us that no matter what changes we made that we would not be competitive with his friends. Well I am sorry but that one statement from him cost him any chance of doing business with me. Just my thoughts and opinions.

6. BlueNun

BlueNun Member

Mongo !

7. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Dude, at the track almost everybody is cool as hell. Here... well it's hit or miss. Keep in mind as well that a lot of the guys that are on the BBS do not race. If they did they probably would not flame here so much because then they would always be running into one another.

8. maxxym

maxxym Well-Known Member

eerrr I don't race... I just came here to look for some advice, see what its all about....

The funny thing is that Max is running sucessful business and been in it for a long time, but yet, people here tell him how to run it and constantly bitching at the guy. How many of you know as much as he does about suspension???? Just curious..... I don't know much about any of you, but from what it sounds, you are all experts....

And to the original poster for this thread... dude.... get a life.. you are the dumbass one who tried to run 250 ft long extension cord!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!

9. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Dude, at the track almost everybody is cool as hell. Here... well it's hit or miss. Keep in mind as well that a lot of the guys that are on the BBS do not race. If they did they probably would not flame here so much because then they would always be running into one another.:cool:

Thanks...I needed that!!!

Oh..maybe a little Crown as well!!!:beer:

10. maxxym

maxxym Well-Known Member

Dan, what the fuck are you talking about????

from what I read, you are pretty sad....

Nice dirty way on going down on your competition....I am sure you will gain lots of clients that way...

: packing my forks and sending them to Max:

You are all bunch of fucking winers and moaners....

it's funny how all off you are experts at evertything...but yet, none of you are at the pro level... hurts doesn't it?

Everyone here has an MBA I assume. You tell the man how to run his business. You look down on him, you bitch, you moan, you correct him, you complain about his customer service, but yet, you fail to realize that he is one of the most sucessful people in our industry. How do you feel about that? Do you even have remotely enough knowledge about business and suspensions as Max does? Just curious. From what I am reading, you are all experts at this. Common fellas!! Unleash the knowledge!!!! Show Max how it's really done and how to run business... obviously, most of you are savy businessman.....

:rolleyes:

11. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

While I like Max and dig his intensity! I have to say you are way off here. These people are experts. Not a business but at being CUSTOMERS.

Not one person has tried to tell Max how to run his business...nor have the tried to tell him anything about business.

They are trying to tell him how a customer would like to be treated.

Here is the PROBLEM as I see it. The average club racer is not Max's target customer. It may be the biggest opportunity for revenue. But MAX is a professional suspension GURU. Have you ever seen him work with a PROFESSIONAL racer. They only care about his knowledge. They could give a shit if he is nice to them...as long as he sets their bikes up. (WHICH HE DOES ALMOST WITHOUT EQUAL)

This is how Max got where he is today. No bullshit. No nice guy dickering. You people that want him to caudle you and treat you like he treats the BIG BOYS are way off base. That IS exactly what he does with the BIG BOYS. ALL BUSINESS...bike chattering? do this...NOW get out there and ride. Helped a little but now it is tearing up the tire? do this...Get out there and ride! AHHHHHH MUCH BETTER! Don't waste his time or your time worrying about him being nice to you.

If you are looking for a buddy...get a dog...hope he can sort out that shock for ya!

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Lighten up Frances, your whole post is bitching and moaning....:p

13. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:rolleyes: It's kind of like Suzuki saying, "Who gives a crap about the championships and all the bikes you help us sell Mr. Mladin....stop being so rude and dedicated to your job!!!"

:beer:

14. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Being a customer isn't some great thing that entitles you to the keys to the world.

The majority of customers want everything done on their schedule because they think they are the only one in the world.

Most customers bring you their stuff 2 days before a race when thay had all winter to go through the bike. They expect you to drop all the other work you are in the middle of and have ahead of them to get their stuff done.

They bring it to you today and want it back last week and they want to pay you a year from now.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I'll try and not be biased because Mike is a friend of mine and stays at my place when in Daytona, but...I just wanted to respond to the comments made about someone asking for Mike's number every 72 hours.

There is no way Mike sets these up, in the 2 weeks he was at my house for bike week he was on the computer like once and doesnt bother coming to these boards as far as I know, he's just waay too busy. The man just doesnt have the time to try and setup this BBS to get his number posted all the time

Hey helper Monkey..I heard you broke your pinky..You allright?

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah I am doing OK. It sucks I will not be on the track for awhile though. Broken 4th metacarpal, and dislocated 5th.

17. Quicktoy

damn B, im sorry to hear that man, and on your new bike...you gonan be with Mike if he goes to Jennings this weekend?

BTW, u must me an internet dork if u responded so quickly LOL

How bad is the bike? I heard about it from a buddy of yours who just ordered 2 sets of our bodywork

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Nope I will not be at Jennings. The bike is not bad, it was just a lowside. Well that is what I am told, I do not remember anything about it.

Have fun at Jennings.

19. Quicktoy

sorry to hear that bro. glad your gonna be ok