1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Paris for 4 days, what to do

Discussion in 'General' started by kyle carver, Jun 10, 2023.

1. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

In August I will be with a small group and we have 4 days in Paris. I’m looking for something to do that may help keep my sanity. These are wonderful people but after last nights planning diner I think I may need to get away. Any ideas are appreciated
    Thanks

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue on 4 days. With 4 hours you find a relative to pick you up at the train station, do a run around the Arc de Triomphe and watch crazy Parisian drivers, visit Papa, run back to the train station and leave town :D

BigBird and 27 like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

go see Papa and impress him with your credentials... record his uppity tone as he belittles the riffraff so we know what it sounds like :D

Do not go to the Louvre... seriously... I’ve never been more disappointed and felt as I totally wasted my time as the day I spent there, the glass pyramid entry is better than anything inside... I kept going thinking there has to be something spectacular here... it’s all hype... some sculptures were ok, some paintings were, Mona Lisa is blah... and you’ve never seen so many fat angels and Jesus scenes in your life...

the graveyard where Jim Morrison is buried was better just because the art of the old headstones

obviously I’m not the one to ask as I didn’t find anything great in Paris but I found plenty to bitch about I guess :crackup: like every time I wanted to go somewhere else in Europe I had to go through Paris and was laid over there with nothing cool to do... I liked lots of other places in France but after the Tower, Arch, Notre Dame, that you’ve seen on tv your entire life there isn’t much...

oh wait! They had a row of cool motorcycle gear shops with all the best leathers and helmets etc.... that’ll take a few hours to try on new gear...

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Catacombs

dobr24 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Seek medical attention for any erection lasting more than four hours.

And watch out for Johnny, he might be the jealous type. ;)

YamahaRick likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

oh yeah! I forgot about those...

you know I’ve seen a bunch of really cool things about the underworld cities from the Middle East to Central America lately... something definitely had those cultures living underground...

7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Drive to Normandy

Triple X, StaccatoFan, vfrket and 5 others like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For food, spend a couple of hours going down this rabbit hole when you have some time to kill. But I'm guessing you got all the touristy stuff covered?

When in August? French superbike championship 20 minutes outside the city on August 26-27.

Driving simulators: https://paris.i-way-world.com/simulation-course-automobile/

Couple of historic bike dealerships quarter mile from the Champs-Élysées/Arc de Triomphe: https://www.japautomoto.com/ (Other one across the street, if it's still there)

I'll post more if I think of something.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Do a 4 day baguette and pain du chocolate crawl.

TurboBlew, Yzasserina and pickled egg like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Never mind, I miss read the title. I thought it was must be in Paris in 4 days.
    I was excited to fire up the Panzers!

ChemGuy, Motofun352 and Jedb like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Hold your breathe.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, Paris in August heat. . . The overwhelming stench of ass, BO and rotting garbage.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my son is there now... mowing down $.19 USD crossiants :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's way too cheap not to be industrial.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No kidding... nothing is cheap in Paris, except baguettes.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know better. It's regulated. Don't even think of enriching yourself by making a superior baguette and asking the commie to pay what you feel it's worth. He will burn your shop.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How are baguette prices regulated? The govt has some jurisdiction over pricing? Or simple street justice? I honestly don't know.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

So like being in Korea.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The Man hasn't technically dictated prices since the late 70s but he still applies pressure and strongly "encourages" big supermarket chains, for instance, to keep things steady. And there are various trade organizations also involved in all of that. So really, the small independent bakery can't really afford to trade on their superior skills, except maybe in some more affluent neighborhoods. Everywhere else, people will just go to the next store for cheaper bread.

motion likes this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)