1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not drinking much lately

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 22, 2023.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I look at 50' Beneteau's weekly.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've been there probably 6 times over the years and yesterday was by far the most crowded I've seen it. The whole Newport area seems to be pretty booming.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Drowning has never had any kind of appeal to me.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The sharks will get you before that.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think you don't drown while they are tearing into you?

6. Not me. They would be my friends.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are clearly no limits to your Dr. Doolittle delusion.

Gorilla George and vfrket like this.
  8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Hey there it's the shark whisperer.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If we're talking sharks, then "Grizzly Man" seems more appropriate.

11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Sharks are sketchy. Dove with great whites , bulls, tigers, mako, sandbars, hammerheads, lemons and a shitload of unknownz.
    Always ready to pounce on any fish you've speared or caught on a line. Thieving bastages.
    Fortunately they don't consider us food or we'd never be able to get in the ocean.
    It is kinda cool sometimes to see a big one cruise by slow like a minisub but as soon as you start killing shit they can turn stupid.
    Seeing the milky way every clear night is big selling point on offshore life.

12. rd400racer

Barracuda's always freaked me out way more than sharks. Those silver fuckers would get right in your face. I had them go after fish I'd speared. Had total respect for sharks but cuda's could die in a fishing net for all I cared.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Beneteau is probably one of my least favorite brands. Mass-produced boats made for charter fleets, with some budget cuts throughout. Don't get me wrong, they are capable boats, but I would not own one.

We are chartering a Beneteau Oceanis 38 in Sicily this April, but I would not want one for a long passage.

Check out - Outbound 46, Island Packet 439, and some Jenneau's.

14. rd400racer

I only know them from one short voyage that I got to take about 10 years ago on a Beneteau 52, and seemed awesome to me. Remember, I come from a power boat background and don't know squat about sailing period. I just thought it was a cool boat.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I hear you. 10 years ago Beneteau's were probably better built anyways. Sailing a 50+ foot sailboat is a great experience.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No need for a new thread for a crowdsource question.

Does this stuff have a short shelf life once you open it?

[​IMG]

My wife wants some for the season and I'm trying to figure out if a pint or a handful of airplane bottles would be more cost effective.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If you’re trying to perform an economic analysis on alcohol purchases, you’re either running a bar or have seriously misplaced priorities.

Rico888, vfrket and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yes it does, but that's never been a problem here..... Should keep for about 2 weeks kept in the fridge.

auminer likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I just hate to waste it, and I won't drink it.

So misplaced priorities it is. That's probably the best title for my autobiography. :crackup:

vfrket likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've had that stuff in the fridge for many months and no issues

Sabre699 likes this.