1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to apply, but, I don't want this job

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, May 18, 2018.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

When I was on the job hunt, I would spend a significant amount of time proofreading my resume before sending it out and I usually had at least one additional set of eyes on it.

Now that I'm on the other end and reviewing resumes, I'm blown away by what I see. I know there are folks on here that get resumes. How does someone put something like this at the top of a resume and send it without proofreading? Let's see some of your gems.

upload_2018-5-18_10-31-47.png

btw...one of the jobs in job history - interpreter translating to English.

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

That's not very nice. He's a sencitive guy. You could learn something from him about "respect and understanding" to help you get best results two. :D

Yzasserina and worthless like this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The person obviously meant cents. :D

worthless likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Since when?

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Scents today

JJJerry likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Half past Tuesday

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

what specialized knowledge does one receive over others about talking with respect and understanding? is it like a secret society? i mean, i don't talk with respect and i lack empathy, so he's got me there... but i don't really see that as being a special skill.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I passed Tuesday, on Wednesday.

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

That reads like those scam emails and texts I get from Craigslist. Hey, maybe that guy is finally going legit. Give them some credit :D

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I blame it on texting.

Correct spelling & grammar not required there.

Fencer, G Dawg and worthless like this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I use Indeed quite often. It's very simple to use and it generates a ton of traffic. That being said, many of the users only utilize a cell phone and what you received is VERY common.

I should also tell you I am not surprised to see individuals show up in pajamas to meet with my staff.

worthless and Funkm05 like this.
  12. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

One example in particular stands out in my memory.
    Position applied for: Tek

worthless likes this.
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'll have to share some of my greatest hits when I have time. I've received some cover letters that had me looking around my office for hidden cameras.

14. Sweatypants

already taken...

[​IMG]

15. Sweatypants

my director at my last job called me into his office one day, and was like, "hey take a look at this and tell me what you think" with a smirk on his face. so i grab the papers and take a look. it was an 11 page resume. it had a headshot picture, story about how him and his wife met and then details about the last 10-15 years of their life including info about their kids being born and growing up, highlighting some of the bigger milestones, along with inspirational poems/quotes on each page. this was a resume for a budget financial analyst. i was speechless.

worthless likes this.
  16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You hired him immediately with no interview needed, right?

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You were shocked a finance guy could kinda communicate with people, too?? :Poke: :crackup:

18. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

FB screen scrape?

19. Sweatypants

beats me? it looked like a pamphlet for a timeshare. pictures of sunrises and like 15 different fonts...

:crackup:hey... i communicate................. by throwing things at people and grunting loudly.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The real Pros make a video.