1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were building a house right now..... data/alarm

Discussion in 'General' started by crazywolf450r, May 17, 2015.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Depending on timing, I could do the gate ( Or hook you up with the ones that taught me), remote camera, solar power, etc, but I am burried right now.

I can hook you up with people that can run errythang you need in the house.

You didn't want to contact Chad for this?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I ain't reading all this shit.

Wired. All of 'em. Don't eff around with wireless.

Find a reputable contractor and if he mentions wireless, boot his ass out the door. :up:

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Fiber's not actually too bad, aside from the cost of burying the cable - but you can probably get that stuck in alongside the other cables being dug for the house.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156085

4. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

At the house now laying out basic electrical. How much power do we need to plan for in the area of the panel? I was thinking two 15 amp circuits. That sufficient? Figuring all networking and audio video distritubution and alarm/camera will be done here.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Why would risk your relationship with suggestions or opinions?

6. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

:D

Because shes gotten this far with no plan for these things and now its time to have decisions made and shes instructed me to be 'in charge' :rolleyes:

I need a crash course in home automation.

7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I use to be in the industry about 13 yrs ago and was a installer for a company called UStec. They had Belden create a bundled structured wiring for them that had 2-RG6QS along with 2-Cat5E cables. Made it real nice to home run everything back to the in wall panel that had modules built in to distribute cable, phone, data. I believe Legrand bought out UStec.

https://www.legrand.us/structured-wiring.aspx#.VWF71tJVhBe

Using 2 circuits would be best in my opinion...1 circuit for data/voice/cable and the other circuit for the alarm/home automation.