1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IF traffic could not be bad enought in Atlanta.... it just got worse

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Exactly.

I can't stand all of the conspiracy theorists with their WTC "inside job" bullshit. It isn't necessarily a matter of heat "melting" the beams, it is a matter of the heat weakening them enough that they can't structurally support the overhead load. Then once one single beam weakens, that load is transferred to the next one, if it is also weakened, then it will fail...which mean now that same load is divided amongst even less beams, that are also being exposed to extreme heat. It becomes a domino effect.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

GDOT condemned the south side of 85 an hour ago. It is sounding like the stored materials belonged to DOT, or DOT was responsible for allowing it to be stored there.

3. caferace

caferace No.

I have that scene memorized. The whole movie, actually. :D

-jim

rd400racer likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whoops...we can expect a change in project specs.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

MARTA did it.

R Acree likes this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a 100 bet to the Roadracing World Action Fund its open in 45 days or less.

Already have a track hoe tearing up the dropped section. Fire cleared out everything else underneath there.

V5 Racer likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were talking about that on the news - 38 days is what I heard.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

GDOT owned it - storage for DOT equipment/supplies and parking for the HERO trucks.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I shared a pic of the fire on facetubes from right after it started, just one pile of the spools on fire. I'm guessing either homeless dude making dinner, someone stealing copper, or someone stored a barrel of shit next to the spools they shouldn't have.

11. caferace

caferace No.

Track hoes. Invaluable. :D

-jim

Slider82 and renegade17 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In so many ways :crackup:

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Well then that's pretty stupid. Certain things have no business under, near or even attached to a bridge.

14. caferace

caferace No.

I've been a lot of places, and it's incredibly common for shit to be stored under bridges and raised freeways. That ain't gonna change. I'm just waiting for it to be called a terrorist attack. :D

-jim

V5 Racer likes this.
  15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

A very hot one. :)

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I don't see a traffic problem here.

IMG_5992.JPG

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

also remember WT7 nextdoor and BBC announcers saying on a live broadcast it had dropped while it was still standing in the background.

sometimes WTF is in order, over 200 Architects & Engineers now agree.

this bridge doesnt seem all that suspicious though.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yes I know and it goes on a lot. We have had vagrants start fires under bridges here and do damage to the bridge. One in particular I just worked on last year that is about to go to bid for repairs. A vagrant couple got into a fight under the one they were living under on I-20 westbound here in Jackson. The female doused the guy with gasoline and set him and his belongings on fire. Result was damage to the steel girders and the concrete deck slab.

That entire deck section under the two lanes will have to be replaced along with some girder repair. MDOT will shut down a whole two westbound lanes and get the job hopefully turned around over a weekend.

19. caferace

caferace No.

I like all the tire tracks in the grass. :D

It'll grow back better. It has plenty of time. The Walking Dead folks could have used some of that footage in Season One.

-jim

20. caferace

caferace No.

Was he made out of magnesium?

-jim