1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify this (street)bike....scavengerhunt

Discussion in 'General' started by HondaSuperHawk, Apr 9, 2010.

1. HondaSuperHawk

HondaSuperHawk Well-Known Member

Sorry to make you hunt for this but this motorcycle is in a two page SPEED AND STRENGTH ad in the May issue of Motorcyclist magazine (multistrada on cover) on pages 4 and 5.

The photo is from the rear of the bike with a rider riding it. It shows an orange or red sharp angular streetbike tail, finished underneath with passenger grab rails, no exhaust showing, a street rear tire, but offroad style footpegs.

I thought it was strange that I did not recognize it. I have done some searching and am 99% sure I know what the bike is now but can you identify it just for fun?

2. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

3. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

4. HondaSuperHawk

HondaSuperHawk Well-Known Member

I guess I could have made it more fun for everyone by giving them time to search for it and not revealing the answer for a few more days.
    It is the Duke but the pic is close to straight on to the rear of the bike.

5. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

My bud is in one of there ads...

6. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

I have the SM version of that bike. It came in four models for that motor. SM (supermoto street), SMC (supermoto but a bit more hardcore), Duke (street orieted), and Enduro (trail).

It is by far the most fun bike I have owned bar none.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've been lusting after those 690 Dukes for a while but they are awfully proud of them considering it's just a big dirtbike. Owners must like them. I NEVER see them for sale. There's only one on ebay right now.