1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really feel bad for the King Family and legacy...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Smokes35, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Maybe he would have been more successful had he instead used a strategy of exposing the Reverend's taste for extramarital affairs and prostitutes. :rolleyes:

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

The thing that always made me laugh is that we all know people in both parties partake in the forbidden fruits. But why is it that only the D's seem to get caught doing it? I'll vote for the guy smart enough to not get caught thank you very much....

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You really are fucking amazing. How can you be such a closed minded idiot when it comes to this shit? :rolleyes:

Seems you are referring to the same people that produced the last 2 Democratic presidents. What the hell do you consider Clinton and Carter. Clinton is more of the holier than thou New England fuck up Democrat(just born to Dixiecrats) but Carter is as Dixiecrat as it gets. Whether you like or not... racism was never a partisan thing in the south. The dems and reps were all bigots. True both are different now from a conservative/liberal standpoint but most were bigots just like this good old northern region that pretends to not be bigots. Racism is much worse in the north than the south. That is a big change over the last several decades.

4. Knarf Legna

Casby's from the home of the Boston Red Sox - last team in baseball to integrate. And his beloved Pats also hail from the city that was sued by the NAACP over failure to comply with school desegregation laws. But he sees racisim only in Southern conservatives.

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Awww, this is as good as place as any for liberal Democrats to say anything they want. After all, nobody would actually listen to them anywhere else.

Who is Jimmy Carter anyway? What is this? Trivial Pursuit? :D

6. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

damn, you've got to be kidding. :moon:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nah I mean Dimocrats in general, enjoy: ;)

Racist Liberals? Go Figure
    by Lana Hampton

Trent Lott’s nostalgic words at a birthday celebration for Strom Thurmond plunged him in a lot of hot water and led him to eventually step down from his position of Senate Majority Leader. Several Republican leaders denounced Lott’s statements and some Democrats, as usual, called the Republican party, a party of racists. The Democrats, however, are not in a position to cast stones.

Here is a compilation of racist statements made by prominent liberals:

~Ex-Klansman, Senator Robert Byrd used the term “white nigger” on Tony Snow’s Fox News Sunday.

~During a speech, Democrat Lieutenant Governor, Cruz Bustamante, used the N–Word.

~Senator Ernest Hollings (D-S.C.) told reporters on December 14, 1993, that he attended international summits alongside “these potentates from down in Africa.” He continued, saying, “rather than eating each other, they’d just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva.” Senator Hollings also held out for keeping the confederate flag flying over the state capitol. In 1960 Hollings “warned today that South Carolina would not permit ‘explosive’ manifestations in connection with Negro demands for lunch-counter services.”

~New York City Councilman Charles Barron told a crowd at the Millions for Reparations March in Washington D.C. that he wished his goal of seeing blacks compensated for the enslavement of their ancestors was closer to fruition. He said, “I want to go up to the closest white person and say:’You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health.”

~Donna Brazil, Al Gore’s presidential campaign manager, called Republicans “white boys” who aim to “exclude, denigrate and leave behind.” And, when the Washington Post asked Brazil what she would do for the Gore campaign, her response was that she was there to ensure that the campaign and election did not fall into the hands of “white boys.”

~ Senator Dodd (D-CT) made these remarks during a tribute to Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV): “It has often been said that the man and the moment come together. I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia that he would have been a great Senator at any moment. Some were right for the time. Robert C. Byrd, in my view, would have been right at any time.” Tom Daschle (D-SD) defended Dodd’s comments, which sounded an awful lot like the comments made by Senator Lott.

~Jesse Jackson, who misses few opportunities to expose racism in others, referred to New York City as “hymietown.”

~Jackson’s buddy, Al Sharpton, was a central figure in fanning the 1991 Crown Heights race riot, where a mob killed an innocent Jewish man. In addition to that, Sharpton also initiated a 1995 protest of a Jewish owned store in Harlem where protesters used several anti-Semitic slurs.

~Bill Clinton was among three state officials in Arkansas, in 1989, who were sued under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. “Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates, and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” according to the Arkansas Gazette, “The evidence at the trial was indeed overwhelming that the Voting Rights Act had been violated.”

During Clinton’s 12-year tenure as Governor, he never approved a state civil rights law.

Bill Clinton admired Oral Eugene Faubus, whose claim to fame was trying to bar nine black children from attending Little Rock’s Central High School in 1957. Clinton was also a friend of William Fulbright, a segregationist who signed the Southern Manifesto, which denounced the Supreme Court’s Brown vs. Board of Education decision. Clinton referred to Fulbright as “my mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”

~Democratic National Chairman, Terry McAuliffe used the term “colored people” in a speech soon after becoming DNC chief. And I thought liberals were progressive.

~San Francisco Democrat, Mayor Willie Brown, after winning the 1995 election said, “The white boys got taken fair and square.”

~Apparently Spike Lee has a problem with interracial couples as he has stated that, “I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street.”

~Dan Rather, having avoided covering a story on Condaleeza Rice, eventually did the story, saying that CBS “got the Buckwheats,” suggesting that CBS was afraid not to cover the story because the other networks were covering it.

~Andrew Cuomo found himself in an uncomfortable position when he said that voting for his rival for the New York Democratic gubernatorial nomination, Carl McCall, who is black, would make for a “racial contract” between black and Hispanic Democrats “and that can’t happen.” Cuomo eventually dropped out of the race for governor.

~Former Democratic Minority Leader in the U.S. House of Representatives, Dick Gephardt, gave several speeches to a now defunct white supremacist organization called the Metro South Citizens Council. Gephardt also asked the group for an endorsement of his candidacy.

~Regarding Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action,Maureen Dowd insults Thomas’ accomplishments by writing, “It makes him crazy that people think he is where he is because of his race, but he is where he is because of his race.” Is Dowd saying that without Affirmative Action, blacks are incapable of accomplishing anything great or is she saying that all whites are racist and therefore would never have given Thomas a chance?

It may be one thing for a conservative to point all of these things out, but there are some black Democrats who have accused their own party of racism. Says Baltimore Democrat, Tony E. Fulton, “They really don’t care about us. We are used every four years, then thrown back.” Black conservatives have been pointing that out for years.

Dereck E. Davis, of Prince George, Maryland, is chairman of the Economic Matters Committee. According to Davis, “The state party is racist to the core.” And Nathaniel T. Oaks, a Baltimore Democratic Delegate, remarked, “I think the Democratic Party takes black people for granted.”

The above are all fairly recent incidents, but racism in the Democratic Party stems back to prior to the Civil War. The Republican party was created in response to a growing number of Americans who were against slavery. Thomas Jefferson, and others with the same philosophy, that slavery was a “positive good,” founded the Democratic Party.

Following the war, Democrats continued to fight against equal rights for blacks, eventually defeating Reconstruction and implementing Jim Crow. During the 1920s, Republicans repeatedly called for anti-lynching legislature that was opposed by Democrats.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt did his part to continue the trend of Democratic racism. In addition to the Japanese Internment situation, Roosevelt is also responsible for appointing two notorious segregationists to the U.S. Supreme Court - Jimmy Byrnes and Hugo Black.

Hugo Black, a former Democrat Senator from Alabama had a long history of hate group activism. He was a member of the Ku Klux Klan and became famous for defending Klansmen under prosecution for racial murders.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 got more support from Republicans than from Democrats. Republican Senate Minority Leader, Everett Dirksen, pushed the bill through the Senate despite 21 no-votes from Democrats, including Al Gore’s father and, of course, Robert Byrd. Only 4 Republicans opposed the bill.

Democratic opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 split the party in two. Forty percent of the House Democrats voted against the Civil Rights Act. At the same time, 80% of Republicans supported it. Republican support in the Senate was even higher.

So, the next time a liberal brags about their record on race issues, you know what to say.

Yea you modern day liberals have this topic pegged! :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

XBFO's point is a good one, although I have no idea if half of what is posted is true.

Anyone who is sanctimonious enough to think that liberals, conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Northerners, Southerners, whites or blacks have a monopoly on bigotry or racism. . . is. . . well. . . ummmm. . . an idiot.

But XBFO's insinuation that Democrats or liberals as a group are racist. . . is. . . well. . . ummmm. . . idiotic. :p

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Also, "they do it too!" (or in this case, "we do it more, but they do it a bit!") is the type of rationalization most of us see through at around age six.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

kind of like the "everyone's a racist but me" thing you got going on......

11. tcasby

tcasby Banned

The history of conservative southern Democrats during the civil rights movement is what it is, and no amount of frankangeliphysing can change that.

12. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

No, I'm saying two wrongs don't make a right. :D

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Butt that's the prime defense by the supporters of the current administration.

14. Knarf Legna

Kidding in what way? Associating with known communists doesn't make one a communist. A married preacher who tags every skirt in sight is a hypocrite.

15. Knarf Legna

No doubt that there were conservative Southern Democrats who had racist views. But any attempt to spotlight that and ignore racisim elsewere is pure Casbyism. Your rose colored glasses don't seem to work in the South, but sure filter a lot out in Beantown.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL! Where was that insinuation made?

You guys are a freaking riot. If anyone made any insinuation its the forum lefties..........all I did was point out that racisim lives on both sides of the party line. However, according to that article posted above it sure looks like a good portion of dems dont walk the talk. cough cough Slickster cough cough!! :D

Hey for those of you who thought FDR was a hero, I have a question. If GWB decided to start 'holding' innocent US civilians of the middle eastern descent how much shit would YOU give him?

17. Shyster d'Oil

XBFO, your insinuation was obvious: "Nah I mean Dimocrats in general, enjoy: Racist Liberals? Go Figure by Lana Hampton"

And "Yea you modern day liberals have this topic pegged!"

EDIT: And hey, didn't you get that I generally agree with your other point??? :tut:

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dodger Royle: I called them Dimocrats cuz quite frankly it gets a little annoying hearing the same puppets make the same idiotic remarks or insinuations about conservatives.
    As for the "Racist Liberals? Go Figure" title go drop Lana Hampton an email its her title to her article not mine so again Im not sure how that makes ME the one who is insinuating anything.
    My final remark is just a final dig at the forum lefties who tend to act like know-at-alls.

And yes, I got that you 'generally agreed' with my post but you had to ruin it with that whole insinuation crap. :D

The bottom line here is that you had a bunch of Democrats at a funeral making someone (who was invited) feel very awkward and uncomfortable. It was a classless act by every single one of them. And in 2.5 yrs from now when they lose another election they'll be blaming everyone but their pathetic self.

19. Shyster d'Oil

What?

20. Shyster d'Oil

If you don't get the insinuation part there is nothing I can do to help you. :D