1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I have the plastic Rival...As i was leaving the range, i was looking in their rental case and sure as hell, there was a Rival-S in there. Im gonna shoot it next weekend. I don't think it'll be worth $1100 to have the same but different gun though.

I can make a 2" hole with 20 rds at 10 yds with my Rival. I'm a noob, so that trigger is the difference for me. It pulls 2 lbs on my Lyman digital

lizard84 likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I had a plastic Rival, too. Great gun. The S is probably even better because of the additional weight to control recoil. I had the same thought when I went to look at the S. "I already have a Rival...and I don't shoot it anymore...so why buy another?"
    I got rid of it because when I was going to the range, my eyes went into the safe and went right past it to a Sig, a CZ or a Staccato for the trip, or a combination of the 3.

With Canik you get a lot for what you spend, there's no question.

My favorite plastic gun is my Walther PDP. Absolutely love it. It's one of my options for my first pistol match. Pondering:
    - Staccato C2
    - Walther PDP
    - CZ75 P01 with Cajun trigger

I could bring all 3 and shoot one at each stage, too....Hmmmmmm.

Eventually @assjuice cyrus and I will get together and I'll have him shoot the Staccato. If he likes 1911's, he'll absolutely love a 2011. He just enjoys talkin' shit.

I've stated it here before, I'm absolutely not a fan of 1911's. And when I shot my first Staccato (Thanks @RonR) I had no preconceived opinion....it was just a chance to try something new. I was hooked from the first round, obviously.

RonR and gapman789 like this.
  3. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

All of them are trusts....he just picked up his spc9 SD today....two stamp gun....48hrs for approval on both....can't lie, Im a little in shock that they came through so quick for him...:eek:.

50fba034-4699-48b9-8fb0-d2aaa3bd1807.jpeg

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just as an update regarding the Braced Pistol --> SBR journey for my 2x pistols.
    Finally called the ATF regarding their status, as it had been 'processing' since last August.

They stated that any Braced Pistol --> SBR applications are currently stuck in processing or pending status until the results of the lawsuit are completed.
    At the current time, the agent I spoke with indicated that braced pistol was still ok pending that outcome.

Steak Travis likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I've been bringing my AR pistols out lately since the issue has been placed on hold.

6. Jedb

I've been busy with work and house stuff, so haven't had time to play. If I felt a need to, I'd take my already SBR'd ARs out.
    Kinda wish my MP5 had been granted the SBR, but the brace works for now.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just for you assholes…

[​IMG]

8. speedluvn

I'm not making any decisions until the guberment/ATF decides a direction they wanna go concerning AR barrel lengths & tax stamps.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

ATF Town hall confirms that things have changed a bit over in West Virginia. Sounds promising, I mean, at $200/stamp, the NFA branch has to be almost profitable, even by USG. standards. The interesting bit in that article is how NFA throws the NICS thing back at FBI and then onward from there. The whole process is still rather opaque -what’s NFA looking at the NICS doesn’t see?

Don’t answer that.

Anyway, let’s see how long this holds up.

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That could be a while. And even if/when a decision is made there’s no reason to think it’s permanent. I’m not going to hold off waiting on them , that just plays into the anti’s hands.

11. speedluvn

My current needs in the short barrel AR department are currently filled . . . for now.

12. Jedb

I have the 2x in process for tax stamp at no cost. Current rules indicate I don't need to change those configurations.
    I already have NFA items where I can change the uppers, so that box is checked.

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

They got me with 10% off . Wasn’t planning on a gold one but it matches my 22mag. Can’t wait to go use it. Henry 30-30
    [​IMG]

14. speedluvn

Curious. Did you apply for a tax under the amnesty? If so, did you receive the tax stamp?

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The form one comes back approved but no stamp.

16. speedluvn

I was reading somewhere, that the ATF wasn't sending tax stamps with approval documents. Is there any truth to that?

17. Jedb

The 2x that I have in process were applied for at the begining of the "amnesty" program. (March '23)
    BATF had an issue with the photo on both submissions, so they sent me a "you need to update & amend" to give them a proper picture. I'm really not sure what happened as the digital picture became super small. (August '23)
    I re-submitted in under a week and the status for both went back to "Pending" (August '23)

I posted here LINK last week after I called in about any updates (August '23 --> March '24) as that was a long stretch without an update

They have not approved my stamps, as the litigation happened after my August amendment to provide a correct photo.
    I believe had my photo been correct initially, I would have been granted the stamps. I know others had been granted stamps prior to the lawsuit, and subsequent pause on processing those requests.

speedluvn likes this.
  18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

So the amnesty form 1s don’t have a stamp. The efile form 4s and 1s have a stamp but it’s emailed so it’s not like it was when they were mailed where the stamp was actually glued to the form.

speedluvn likes this.
  19. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Stacatto Fan to the white courtesy phone….

Which is the better choice for Range and Competition? Staccato P with steel frame or aluminum frame?

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Any idea if the silencer to fit this is available anywhere?