1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

357/38 special, the RedHawk is 44 magnum

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Question, maybe I've looked in the wrong places but when was the last time decent brass cased 223/556 was actually readily available for that price? Pretty sure that's never coming back lol.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was under .40 a few weeks ago. The "blem" 5.56 boat tail I got a couple months ago was closer to .30
    A year ago we didn't think 9mm was ever getting back under a quarter, but it did.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

A .22 of some sort is definitely in order....I've shot about 2400 rds of 9mm in a month, and have another 3000 rds on hand.....I have 1000 rds of 556 on the way.....And yea, i'm tired of spending $$ on ammo already....I was looking at the TX22 at the FFL that my AR is getting sent to and out of guilt alone, i may buy it when i go to pick up the AR. (same place I bought my CZ P10S a few wks ago)

556 has been or will be as low as $0.35? Didn't realize it was that low.

I'll definitely research the .22 conversion you speak of.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Freedom had .223 under $.35/round before the latest madness.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Anyone got a CZ75 SP01?

Opinions and thoughts on that piece are welcomed.

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I have its little bro: the P-01. Love it. My favorite thing about it is how well it fits my hands; it's much thinner and fits smaller hands well.

I'm not as into the hobby as pretty much everyone else in this thread, but for the occasional range day and a smaller gun that can be transported easily when traveling, it's been great.

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Until just a few months ago, AAC 55grain was 7.99 per box w/free shipping on 10+ boxes. 8.49 for 62grain.

9. redtailracing

Nope. But after handling other CZs, I firmly believe CZ is incapable of making a bad handgun. At this point, CZs and HKs are the only 2 companies who could bait me into buying their newest bestest whatever pistol based on the brochure alone, without me ever actually handling it.

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

another option is to buy a Smith and Wesson 15/22. Took mine to the range last night with some friends to let them shoot. They loved it. It's lighter than a full scale ar15 but still fun to shoot and gives you the same practice as the standard ar15. It's nice to have a separate dedicated 22lr version IMHO but I can see using the conversions as well.

gapman789 likes this.
  11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

That’s what I’ve been thinking, I love my big bore revolvers which is why I picked up the RedHawk last weekend when I was really only looking for the Bond derringer for my wife.

The thing is that while I was browsing I was looking at some Ruger Mk IV’s and I got to thinking it’s been ages since I’ve had a .22 of any kind, the Ruger was tempting but I found myself desiring something a little bit more specialized.

My Volquartsen Mamba-X with Optics package is on the way.

Sabre699 and Tristan like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have two because of how much fun the damn things are. One for me, one to share.

13. redtailracing

I keep finding myself tempted to buy the HK416 rimfire for shits and giggles. Yea I know it's made by Umarex and is effectively only an HK in aesthetics. But those MR556 aesthetics keep luring me in. And you can buy it for the same price as the M&P. I have absolutely no idea which one performs better. But the HK definitely looks better and that's half the battle right?

14. Tristan

These ammo prices are out of control!!! I just had to fork out $170 for a box of ammo!

ok.... that box was a 30 cal ammo can with 2625 rounds of Blazer .22 in it but still...

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That 2000 diesel Excursion must be awesome rolling through those Everglades. :D :D :D

Dude, buy it in 5,000 round lots from an old SV racist like Brenner to support his Miata racism, and save some coin while you at it!

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Another option is to buy a complete CMMR .22lr upper and bolt. It drops right on any AR lower and the mags work with any lower. I built a complete .22lr AR with that stuff and it cycles perfectly with any ammo.

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

True. I just find that over time I end up with dedicated complete rifles, so just trying to help others save time. I have a switch barrel system on my main AR with a 5.56 and 6.8spc barrel. Decided to build a separate upper in 6.8spc (wilson combat barrel, aero upper receiver, geissele rail, LMT bcg, etc. Then noticed WC had blem stripper lowers on sale, so now I have a full 6.8spc build. :) hate it when that happens.

as for the HK416 vs 15/22 I think either would be great, it's just nice to have a plinker that runs all the time and feels the same as the ar15. I've had mine for a long time but I think id get the 416 as it has a traditional stock and buffer tube with metal parts, so might be heavier but more "true to life"?

18. britx303

115 dollar Rossi rs22 > cmmg conversion………….:D

19. britx303

I stupidly missed out on one at my LGS that was on sale with 3 mags and case, for just over 400. I was back and forth trying to decide on it, and an old guy walked right up and got it, when I was fiddling around with something else for a moment :confused:

20. Tristan

I pulled out my RS22 a couple weeks ago, it shoots pretty well but not nearly as reliably as the AR-22. The mags are small and crappy compared to the 3 25 (actually 26) rounders you get with the CMMG kit.