1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thanks for the explanation and another gawd damn rabbit hole to go down. :beer:

redtailracing likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

3. Nope, I’ve never even heard of it.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, skip it.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It has a dental scene you would revere. :beer:

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Pulling teeth...way more horrifying than an archeological dig in Egypt.
    <Cue Dr. Phibes> :D

britx303 likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

IMG_0073.jpeg Did some more cleaning and painting at the new place. Took the mini to play between paint coats. These were 60 yard shots with irons. Don’t care what the h8’rs say……….I love a mini :p

Triple X and Sabre699 like this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What's that brown shit all over it? :D

brex, britx303 and redtailracing like this.
  9. britx303

BIRCH…….baby, yeah:flag: :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pretty good for a mini.
    Better than the usual minute of pie-plate...

Triple X and britx303 like this.
  11. britx303

Ya see……..this is the h8 I’m talkin’ bout Willis :D In all seriousness, yeah I know the well earned rep:D But I have no real issues with mine, and it’s an old pencil barrel. It’s always a fun change of pace from ARs. Luckily enough mine also has no issues with promags or thermold mags.

12. fastfreddie

No Mini-H8 here. Back in the days of Soldier of Fortune magazine, if you couldn't afford the internationally acclaimed pieces, you got a Mini-14...and accessories. I spec-ed 'em out in my head all the time.

Always had an eye for the advertised Maadi-Griffin .50BMGs and Detonics .45ACPs. My buddy was into the Macs, my brother would say "If SHTF, I'm keeping my long hair. Just give me an M-16 and lots of ammo."
    I would have wanted a Mini- and a MkI. Given an option tho', I'd take a Steyr-Mannlicher .308 bolt gun in a heartbeat...5gal gas cans @800yds with irons. Suck it, Quigley!

In one issue reporting the Berlin riots of 1981(?) where bricks were being tossed from rooftops, SoF does an article on Combat Bricks.
    Types of bricks, accuracy, chronographs, release techniques, target damage and a breakdown for best overall brick. The props were better than a Mad magazine. :crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

NO hate for the Mini-14, just factual observations. :)

I had the A-Team version with factory folder, pencil barrel. Never had any issues with 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 ruger mags, nor pro-mag, nor thermold (other than the ones I had became brittle). It had a 3-9 scope, but definitely was a minute of pie plate shooter after that barrel heated up.

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

My rifle uses hockey tape.

IMG_4600.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

I think you meant to post this in the hockey,lacrosse,waffle house, motoamerica sux thread. :p

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I had a stainless mini 14 for awhile. Does anyone know why they aren’t the most accurate? I’m sure I could google the answer but figured I’d ask

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Mini-14 Stainless for boat duty when going on the other side of the gulf stream.

18. britx303

For the older models it was the skinny pencil barrel that would really whip, and as it heated the barrel could potentially be drawn one direction or the other. I’m admittedly not explaining this scientifically but that’s it in a nutshell. I’ve run mine to the point of being iron your clothes hot plenty of times, and it doesn’t delineate p.o.i. to the point of concern. Other guys I know with older mini’s do have enough of concern the put on a strut. I view mine as a minute of baddy tool, and not for precision, so I’m more than happy with it. I’ve got other stuff for precision work. There’s some utoob videos of minis in slo-mo that really show the barrel whipping. Newer serial #580 and up minis have a far more stout barrel and are far more consistent and accurate from what I’ve seen.

19. britx303

Jeeeeeez……haven’t picked an SOF mag since 94/95ish:D Remember the t-shirt ads in the back from a place called P.I.G.?

20. fastfreddie

My last copy was in the early-mid '80s. Don't remember too many of the ads.

Occasionally, I try to find the copy that had the Combat Brick article or at least pics of the props.
    Gotta pass the ancient ways on to the younger generations... :D